Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo2
    replied
    I would think that when it has reached the state of charcoal....it's mostly carbon....

Don't take my word for it....but the Discovery Channel "Marine Wilderness School"....they did it...and it is in a couple of my survival manuals.

Leave a comment:

• Snow Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
    crushed charcoal...and a cup of water....will help absorb toxins in the system....ash I think would make you ill.
    Actually that's what I should have said rather then ash. Crushing up the natural charcoal.

It absorbs toxins in water filtering/purifying so I think it would work for this also.

I wonder if certain woods should be avoided though like alder or sumac. There are certain woods that should not be burned to avoid inhaling so it might be an issue here also. Very curious.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    crushed charcoal...and a cup of water....will help absorb toxins in the system....ash I think would make you ill.

Leave a comment:

• Snow Walker
    started a topic Upset Stomach

Upset Stomach

I've heard mixing natural wood ashes with water and drinking will help an upset stomach if you don't have anything else to use. Has anyone tried this? It does make alot of sense to be honest.
Working...
X