No announcement yet.

A Fungus Among Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you have, only you know it as Marigolds. There are English and French Marigolds, French are natural.pesticides, while Calendula officinalis (any plant with officinalis behind it is or was used medicinally at one time), is a herbal with healing and soothing properties. I made cream with infused calendula oil for my baby when she was little.

Cedar

Comment

Thanks Cedar. We do have lots of Marigolds. I am going to have to try this. Good place to start with herbs and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Thanks Cedar. We do have lots of Marigolds. I am going to have to try this. Good place to start with herbs and such.
        Wait, wait, wait!!! What kind do you have first!!!?

Cedar

Comment

I don't know how to tell the difference. My marigolds come from seed from the year before and the start was from my mother, now 10 years deceased.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
            I don't know how to tell the difference. My marigolds come from seed from the year before and the start was from my mother, now 10 years deceased.
            Can you post a photo? French tend to be more compact, but my "Orange Zinger" variety is also compact. English tend to have more open foliage.
            You can eat the petals of Calendula, but French are not advisable. Even topically for most things I wouldn't use French, except for more dire circumstances.

Cedar

Comment

Hard freeze the 2nd and 3rd of this month sooo no blooms left. I will look through my photos and see if I can find a good one of the marigolds in bloom.

Comment

Cedar I don't know what type they are. Like ZAGran, they come up each year. I didn't know there was a difference in them. I do know you can get some that are larger flowers and others that are smaller and some have double flower on stem. flowers here are gone as well now. Not sure if I have any pictures but will check as soon as I get the chance.

Comment

Well, I tend to stick around a forum for awhile, so I will probably be here Summer 2018 for your new crop. I just wanted to make sure no one ate an insecticide kind, instead of a non-poisonous kind. I just found you guys, so I don't want to.lose you already *wink*

Cedar

Comment

Working...
                  X