Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to throw my line in the water this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to throw my line in the water this weekend!

Went fishing with my son this weekend. We wanted to try out our new Old Town Discovery Scout Canoe. We paddled for about an hour around the lake but the wind picked up to 30+ with gusts to 45. We decided to fish from the dock.

I put on a little Super Duper and hit a 9" rainbow on my second cast. Then about 10 minutes later I was into a second 10 incher with a Castmaster.

Here in AZ we have to really drive to get to water you can fish in. I camp/bushcraft often but fishing is few and far in between.

Oh yeah, glad to be here on Survival Mag.
    Never eat the yellow snow...

Welcome aboard, thanks for sharing. How did you like the canoe do we get an AAR?
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Welcome from NC..
      "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
      -Ben Franklin

Comment

Welcome from central IL. It's always a good day when you can go fishing.
        Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

Yeah, I can agree with that. Last time I wet a hook was back in Oct. Tn. has some good fishing spots on a given day. Just so happened it was an off day for us. Only caught 1 small bass but landed a 3 lb. catfish. It was a place called Beech lake near Lexington Tn. My fishing buddy only caught one small bass. The weather was great that day but the fish were just not hitting. I used an old silver spoon that I've had in my tackle box forever. Caught the bass on that one. Used live bait to catch the cat.

Comment

sounds good hope to see pics next time
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

We still have ice but if it stays warm we will have ice out very soon. I can't wait as ice fishing this year was hit or miss because the ice would get to thin to be on with all the warm spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
                We still have ice but if it stays warm we will have ice out very soon. I can't wait as ice fishing this year was hit or miss because the ice would get to thin to be on with all the warm spells.
                I wish........... still two months to go with ice for us. Oh well, keeps the people away. :)

Comment

Welcome from W. Tenn
                  You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X