No announcement yet.

Newbie to bows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also if you bow string and cable is without nicks or visible string break showing you can buy string wax at Walmart for about $2 and that will last you a very long time I run wax in my string almost every time I put it up. Also at Walmart you can find a arrow rest called a "Whisker Biscuit" rest that is a good cheap priced product that IMO is a great rest for all around general use especially spot and stalk. They usually run about $25-30. They are also very easy to install. Another Allen wrench installation typically. Quivers are a different story cuz you will need one that will fit your bow but an easy remedy is an over the shoulder quiver or one that goes on your belt. Hope this helps..
    Failing to plan is essentially planning to fail.

Once more into the fray
    To the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day
    from "The Grey"

Comment

After installing the arrow rest and adjusting the draw weight you will need to resight your bow by adjusting the sites.

Once more into the fray
      Live and die on this day
      Live and die on this day
      from "The Grey"

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
        Thanks for the reminder OmegaMan, now that you've mentioned it .... the memory fades quickly.

O.W.

Just so you know my proshop comment was not directed at you ( Omegaman) as a [email protected]$$ comment so please do not take it like that. Just to clarify!! No harm intended bud.

Once more into the fray
        Live and die on this day
        Live and die on this day
        from "The Grey"

Comment

Non taken mr brooks. That great thing about this forum is all of the advice given has been very sound. I feel bad that any time some one has bow problems or questions as they alway live to far from me. Because I would alway be happy to inspect, set up and tune at no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbrooks View Post
            .... No harm intended bud.
            None taken ....

O.W.
            Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Alot of bowshops wanna charge an arm to "tune" your bow. Recommending unneeded stuff and charging for a list of things that are really no labor. I'm also in the opinion you should always familiarize yourself with any weapon as much as possible. Most people can do the majority of routine maintenance on the bows with little knowledge. Always remembering to regularly check your limbs, cams and string and have them installed or fixed by a pro because they will whip you like a nothing you've ever experienced. I had a Jennings uniforce which I believe was one of the first single cam bows, I had it for years and got lazy with checking it. Needless to say my top limb had twisted just enuff to roll the string off the cam which caused it to snap and it lashed me from from my chin up into my scalp with a welt that lasted for almost 3 weeks I thought I was going to scar and the doctor said I was lucky I wasn't going to be having plastic surgery or blind in my shooting eye!! I laugh now cuz I looked like Jonah Hex but never again have I not paid extreme over attention

Once more into the fray
              Live and die on this day
              Live and die on this day
              from "The Grey"

Comment

Working...
              X