No announcement yet.

Hunting Skills: A Necessity for Emergency Preparedness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be a crappy thing to say but WTSHTF it'll almost resemble a cull. Those who aren't prepared or don't have the first clue about survival will be the first to die off, next it'll be the sick and elderly, then those who can't hunt or fish. Unfortunately that's going to be a lot of people if you really sit and think about it. Snares, deadfalls, pit traps, and fish traps would be the first items I would set-up. Once set-up you can go back to setting up your BOL. The way I look at it you can never have enough snares, so I always have a big roll of thin gauge baling wire on me. That way while I'm inspecting my AO if I see a small game trail I'm ready to set.

It's simple, no food, no eat and then you die. You can have all the weapons in the world, but if you don't know how to use them properly in the case of hunting you'll soon find yourself using your guns to take what others have. Everyone should learn the basics of trapping and the use of snares etc. If you have enough of them set up in a bunch of different locations where you know the game is, starving will be the least of your worries. There is a wealth of knowledge about this topic available in books, at the library, and on the internet. Use these resources, not excuses.

Joe
    SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

Working...
    X