Small Game Hunting With An Air Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Game Hunting With An Air Rifle

Any of you have an air rifle? This one is mine.

This is a Remington NPSS (Nitro Piston Short Stroke) .22 cal. with a CenterPoint Optics 3-9x40AO scope.
    Not to mention it's MADE IN THE USA!!!

It uses a nitro piston instead of a spring piston. The nitro piston is way better.
    Mine is also wrapped in that camo wrap I have.

The pellets I use are the polymag predator 16 grains, .22 cal.

Here's a good review on the gun.
    Attached Files
    I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"!

Nice set up. I used to hunt with a similar spring powered air rifle, but the air piston went bad.

Comment

Was just outside sighting in the scope, since its been sitting all winter.
      This gun has some good power. Pellets bury themselves about a quarter inch in an 8inch think log at 25 yards away.
      I wouldn't underestimate the power of air rifles of today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wildman 92 View Post
        Nice set up. I used to hunt with a similar spring powered air rifle, but the air piston went bad.
        Yeah with the new nitro pistons they have out now, the pistons never go bad. Works fine in all weather because theres no oil for the cold to thicken. And you can leave the gun cocked as long as you want without it loosing power. If you leave a spring cocked it weakens it.

Comment

I use one for varmit controll in the garden and chicken coop.....unless it warrants a .22lr.

handy to have....very handy....can hunt easily with them.
          Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

I have Sworn by and hunted with a crossman 760 10pumper for years but that looks wat to cool i am going to have to get one hope it doesnt hit the pocket to hard.
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Mine is a Beeman RS1 (1000 fps) w/ 4X scope, spring piston. What is funny is that this is my first air rifle (at 63 yrs old) since my Daisey as a teen. btw What is the dangerous range for Crossman hunting pellets in this gun? It is a single cock,spring piston, 1000fps. No other info is on any of the paperwork or packaging.

Comment

Maily used mine for bunnies in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by abrownsr View Post
                  Mine is a Beeman RS1 (1000 fps) w/ 4X scope, spring piston. What is funny is that this is my first air rifle (at 63 yrs old) since my Daisey as a teen. btw What is the dangerous range for Crossman hunting pellets in this gun? It is a single cock,spring piston, 1000fps. No other info is on any of the paperwork or packaging.
                  If you are shooting a 8gr .177 pellet, 30-40 yards with good shot placement.

Comment

i hunt grouse and snowshoe hares with my walther talon magnum in .22 cal.. it works great, one shot-one kill...

Comment

I only use air rifle for squirrel hunting in trees to many houses around nowadays to use a 22 will kill reliably to 40 feet may take a while for them to bleed out and fall
                      WE DIDN'T BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAD SWORN TO KILL US 9-11-01

Comment

Working...
                      X