• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30-06 Remington.

Comment

My garand (30-06)

Comment

I use my Marlin 30-30. Good light weight brush gun. Lever action and hold 7 shells. Ideal for party hunting, and walking through thick brush.

Comment

I use a mixed bag of paitents and skill and when that fails luck augmented of corse with a Recurve bow during bow season CVA fronteir .50 during muzzel loading season and a Winchester mod 94 or Ruger GP 100 depending on state laws.
          NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

PSE Compound bow for archery, Rem 7600 .270 or Sako .300 Win Mag for rifle season, .54 cal Muzeloader or the bow for second season

Comment

Thompson Contender in 30-30 or Remington 788 in 308

I don't get many shots over 50 yards in my atea of PA.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzygrub View Post
                Thompson Contender in 30-30 or Remington 788 in 308

I don't get many shots over 50 yards in my atea of PA.
                I'm not sure where in Pa you are hunting. If I'm hunting a field or near the gravel pits I like to use my Remington 270 or 30-06.

Comment

i use a remington sportsman 12 gauge pump with slug.makes for a excellent kill.

Comment

Now THAT is funny.
                    Originally posted by badkarma View Post
                    i use my truck....usually with the lights flashing and the horn blowing.

Comment

Remmington 30-06.

Comment

selfbow, ruger 300wsm (because i really don't 'deer' hunt. i'm generally elk hunting, but if i see a deer i'll sometimes shoot it).
                        the wife uses a ruger compact in 308.

Comment

I use a243 win shingle shot rossi with a 3to9 power scope I have to use a crossbow nowadays for bow hunting It is a poor substitute for my compound bow but arthritis in shoulder can't pull bow anymore
                          WE DIDN'T BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAD SWORN TO KILL US 9-11-01

Comment

Ruger Super Black Hawk .44 mag. open sights, no scope.
                            G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

depends on degree of laziness and type of cover. Win. 30-30 is always the go-to, 10mm pistol for hunting in standing corn and still hunting, double barrel 45-70 is heavy but nice and short, Rem 30-06 for the distance shots. BPS 12 ga for the times when we are jumping them.
                              Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

OK been deer hunting for 46 years, in 5 states for whitetail, red, and mule deer. Still want an Elk, maybe next year.
                                Started out with a .30-.30 lever action (Grand-Pa's), re-curved bow, black powder musket, and shotgun I found as you get older you do not want to go tracking a blood trail, it just gets to be to hard on the body. So now it the shotgun, with a 1 oz slug. Good to about 200 meters. One shot and down they go every time. At least for the last 8 years they have!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X