Survival Fishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you forgot to add "ask me how I know"
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
      you forgot to add "ask me how I know"
      reason for that....don't really remember.....;)
      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
        only if your ground is not attached to the pipe...yet in the water....

and me.....welding.....and a lot of water.....don't get along so good.....:)
        I build piers and docks. 90 percent of my work is on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
          reason for that....don't really remember.....;)
          Lmao yeah that is way too true.

Comment

in a pinch you can use an old style hammock to fish with. LOL. My grandfather taught me to fish as a kid. my incentive was pretty mean and cold blooded. we would pitch camp, and he would reveal two cases.

" boy, either catch fish or you get to choose from the C ration case. or you get the mystery meat can case from the Korean war."

Comment

not a vrey good hook and line fisherman fish seem to evacuate the area if i touch bait but i bow and spear fish and am a fair hand at that and thoughts on the fine art of spear fishing
              NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Yo Yo's are pretty cool but a bit bulky. Has anyone tried "Speedhooks"? , much lighter than a YoYo and easier to pack. speedhook.com/servlet/the-Fishing/Categories works on fish, small mammals and probably lizards.

Comment

Here are my thoughts on the issue- Wilderness Way published this a few years back.
                  http://briarpatchoutdoors.educationf...shing_kit.html

Comment

I posted this in the DIY section before. Use either green or ripe walnut shells to fish. Just grind the shells up into a powder and toss into a calm area of a stream, preferably just after bend in said stream. There is a chemical that prohibits the transfer of oxygen through the gills of the fish. Then scoop them up and go on about your business.

I have used this several times over the years. The only times it did not work was when I tried it in an area that was flowing to fast. When I was a teen I had built a rock wall out from a bend in a small stream not to far from the house and this made a huge calm area. I would go out there and amuse myself by knocking out fish using walnut shells and then throwing them out into the fast moving area.

Comment

Originally posted by cbprice797 View Post
                      I posted this in the DIY section before. Use either green or ripe walnut shells to fish. Just grind the shells up into a powder and toss into a calm area of a stream, preferably just after bend in said stream. There is a chemical that prohibits the transfer of oxygen through the gills of the fish. Then scoop them up and go on about your business.

I have used this several times over the years. The only times it did not work was when I tried it in an area that was flowing to fast. When I was a teen I had built a rock wall out from a bend in a small stream not to far from the house and this made a huge calm area. I would go out there and amuse myself by knocking out fish using walnut shells and then throwing them out into the fast moving area.
                      cool....now I gotta get some walnuts.
                      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Dam or log trap fishing. let the fish come to you. in a survival situation Id rather not spend all day fishing with a line and hooks when I would have a ton of other things to get done as well.

Comment

Limb lines and trot lines are great- easy to carry and move around too.

Comment

Working...
                          X