Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshot fishing

Any of you here into slingshot fishing here some pictures of my set up

It looks interesting. What is the effective range of a slingshot? How deep can the fish be before the ammo loses velocity? What type of ammo are you using? Some friends use a bow to fish. Similar concept.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

It's good to about 2 1/2 feet I am shooting a fish dart that's design for slingshot fishing it's the same concept as bow fishing just a lot cheaper

Comment

That's a neat idea. Bet my grandson would love to try it. He loves fishing. I am sure you would need a net to pull them in.

Comment

No net just reel them in the darts are connected to the reel

Comment

good place to drop this - https://survivalblog.com/survivalists-odds-n-sods-27/ - discount coupon on slingshot gear ....

Comment

have never used the slingshot cast but actually got the bow and arrow cast down pretty good early in my fishing career when I fished several tiny, brush choked streams a couple hour drive from my house. The rod I got good with is an eight foot, slow action Winston rod. I unwind maybe 15 feet of line and pinch it off at th handle with the rest unraveled by my feet ready to shoot, then grab the bend of the hook, put the rod parallel to the water and let it fly. I got to the point where I could shoot maybe 15-20 feet of line out under bushes and overhangs. I viewed it as a novelty cast at first but when I got effective at it, it paid off more than a few times and it was kind of fun. I'm going to give the slingshot a try though.

I would think shorter, slower rods would work best with the B&A cast. I found that when I used a stiffer rod that it whip the line around too much and cause problems. Fun stuff.

Comment

I have never used a slingshot for hunting. Seems fun! I could try sometime

Comment

Working...
                X