Heading out this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out this weekend

I am heading out to Land Between the Lakes this weekend (May 11, 12, 13, 14) I will be testing my new water filter and afew other things.

Anyone interested in going out to test your gizmos, gadgets, skills and care to share your skills/knowledge as a small group? NO ALCHOHOL

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Big Guy,

Sounds good, but a little far to drive LOL. Good Luck though.

Have you posted pics of this water filter yet? I saw you mentioned "assembling" it.

I am considering putting together a 5 gallon bucket system myself, so advice is good.
    I can always learn from my mistakes, but would much rather learn from someone elses! LOL (not saying you made any :-D )
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	185105 Here it is, this is my first post with a pic. It was super simple. I purchased the kit from CTD and just followed the instructions on their web site. So far it is working well but I have only used tap water. I will be testing it out this weekend.

Comment

Let us know! Also, what kit are you using? I use this:

It's portable, fits in my life-pack.
        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Wish I could, I still haven't really had a chance to put my new ruck through it's paces. Hauling the first load to our new place in MO that weekend. I think you'll like the filter, we have two of those, one at home and one in the camper. I carry this one, also from CTD, in my ruck.

Name:	CAMP-356.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	185106

Happy trails!
          Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

I just ordered me one of them today..

Originally posted by Big Guy View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4728[/ATTACH] Here it is, this is my first post with a pic. It was super simple. I purchased the kit from CTD and just followed the instructions on their web site. So far it is working well but I have only used tap water. I will be testing it out this weekend.
            "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
            -Ben Franklin

Comment

I use this:

Name:	Water Filter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	185107
              Survived another day... Now to do it again....

Comment

I have a couple small ones from 1999, I don't think they are still good. I'm brining them with me to check them out, I'm not expecting much out of them.

Comment

Well I just got a email from CTD, mine will be here Friday. That's cool I just went and got me the 2 5 gal. buckets today.
                  "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
                  -Ben Franklin

Comment

It is easy to assemble, one probelm that I have noticed is there seems to be a vaccum created while dispensing, I just lift the lid to break the seal and it will dispense correctly for a while. I'm trying to figure out where the best place to put a small hole to eleviate this problem without creating another.
                    Originally posted by coxmw View Post
                    Well I just got a email from CTD, mine will be here Friday. That's cool I just went and got me the 2 5 gal. buckets today.

Comment

Here is a small list of things to do on my trip;

1: Check Out water filtration with river/lake water.
                      2: Build a brick oven
                      3: Check all my fire starting equipment
                      4: Simply check to see if I need everything I have in my BOB
                      5: Check to see if there is anything missing from my BOB

Any other Ideas?

Comment

Make sure to get some pictures and post them here. I am interested in going there as well.
                        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

I'll post a few pic's when I get back.
                          Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
                          Make sure to get some pictures and post them here. I am interested in going there as well.

Comment

I don't know how into primitive shelters you wanna get, but when we train at work, we roleplay that something goes wrong and problem solve what we would do.

And of course, whatever you take on, have fun.
                            "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Don't think I'll be doing much role playing (Wife not going along). I might check out some primitive shelter skills though. :)
                              Originally posted by myakka62 View Post
                              I don't know how into primitive shelters you wanna get, but when we train at work, we roleplay that something goes wrong and problem solve what we would do.

And of course, whatever you take on, have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X