Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your favorite place to Camp & Hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt Mitchell, NC. We cold weather camp there, as the climate is more akin to Southern Canada. There has been recorded snowfall each month of the year. We camped there a couple of years ago the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the wind chill was -11. I wanted to go to Falls Creek Falls last weekend caving, but a torn calf muscle prevented it!

Comment

Can you PM me sone details of this area countryboy? This sounds like a nice place!

Comment

Hey Solotravler,
        Another great place I hiked this past wk. was the South Cumberland state park/Savage gulf area. Loaded with waterfalls, bridges, overlooks, you name it. One of the best places was the Stone door in Beersheba springs Tn. Super hiking galore! Not many people there either, which was a plus. The people in those towns, Beersheba Springs, Tracy city, & Monteagle, were so friendly. When I left there I felt like they were part of my family. Sounds a little corny doesn't it? Took some great pictures too. In fact, I sent 3 of them for a Shutterbug contest to Nashville. Might not win, but I tried. Looked up the history of those towns in the South Cumberland area. Most of them were settled by the Swiss @ the turn of the century. You can see it @ Beersheba Springs cemetary, & the town called Gruetli-Laager. The only downside to traveling there, it was so spread out, & required a ton of driving. But it was well worth it. I live in West Tn. & there is nothing here like that.

Comment

Have been to Lake Barkley & LBL. Nice area!

Comment

I enjoy the Rogue National Forest in S. OR. There are many places to go where you won't be disturbed, plus it borders a few wilderness areas. It's peaceful and a myriad of activities to enjoy.

Comment

We like Horse Creek, Paint Creek and Rock Creek in upper east tn, Horse creek and paint creek are in Greene County and Rock Creek is in Ermin Tn

Comment

Hoosier National Forest
                How Do You Like Me Now

Comment

Where in pa is this? Looking for somewhere not to far,we live in lackawana county pa

Comment

My wife and I just spent most of the winter in Ocala Forest area in central Florida, that is one area that I love to go back to again and again.

Comment

Love camping in the blue ridge mountains

Comment

Working...
                      X