Survival skills for Scouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival skills for Scouts!

Well as most know, I'm pretty heavily involved in the BSA. My older Scouts have been getting bored with the standard Boy Scout camp every year. So, in looking for alternatives I decided to look at Bushcraft groups. The boys decided to take advantage of this and have scheduled a full week private class in July of 2012! No holds barred, in your face, gotta kill it before you eat it survival training! If your with the BSA and your kids are looking for more than basket weaving, find a local outfitter or one within reasonable travel and GO.

What classes did you sign up for?
    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Yeah that would be awesome to do.
      I wanna do something like that.
      I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"!

Comment

Have the older boys start a Venture Crew Patrol and they can do High Adventure stuff.

Comment

There are tons of bushcraft projects to practice in the woods. Traps and snares, even though youll probably have to leave them un cocked. Pine needle tea and other foraging for food. Bowdrill and varios other firestarting methods, dakota firehole to cook on. Bow and arrows, bundlebow, doublebow, atlatl, shelters, coal burning vessels, rock boiling, cordage from plants, compass courses to follow, different water sanitizing methods, natural bug repellent experimenting, knott and lashings, storytelling, flint knapping.

Comment

I have been getting a lot of orders from scout masters for my survival walking sticks with built in 5in1 compass/whistle. I am very glad that young people remain interested in survival skills and the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by drcalhoun View Post
              I have been getting a lot of orders from scout masters for my survival walking sticks with built in 5in1 compass/whistle.
              At first glance this seems to be a very clever means to introduce a product. Somewhere in our forum rules section there is a note regarding such and is not permitted.

O.W.
              Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Working...
              X