Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Suirrel
    replied
    I have an ideal spot that I live in then as to swimmin holes, 2 creeks , 1 on either side of the farm, a river about 2 miles away . and the sound is only about 50 miles. always good swimmin.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
    Wow!!! They look much larger in person. The two toned "Hokie" paint scheme really brought em to life.
    Did you set them in the stone work or did they have the contractors do that?
    How much do those things weigh?
    Nice work!
    They're about 11ft x 11ft....and weigh about 600 lbs per.

The contractor did the rock work.

It breaks my heart....that restaurant went toes up....last time I was close up it said "opening fall 2008".

Give me a PM next time you're on this end of the world....I'll try to hang at the shop....you can swing by and check out the BIG mancave......:)

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
    I do a lot of work up in the B'Burg area......

You may have seen these at the 1st & Main Shopping plaza...

I also did a bunch of work on campus.....stadium renovation and such...
    Wow!!! They look much larger in person. The two toned "Hokie" paint scheme really brought em to life.
    Did you set them in the stone work or did they have the contractors do that?
    How much do those things weigh?
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Omegaman
    replied
    This is one of my families fav swim spots. It is in the white mountains. We live only 2 miles from the atlantic ocean so that is our every day swim hole.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Very very cool. I'm going up Tomorrow and Friday for a funeral. I'll do a drive-by and check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    I grew up in BBurg, lived there until the late 80's. I was what the VT students would call a "Towny"
    My Mom still lives there, so I still visit a couple times a year.
    I do a lot of work up in the B'Burg area......

You may have seen these at the 1st & Main Shopping plaza...

I also did a bunch of work on campus.....stadium renovation and such...

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Cascade Falls....above B'Burg VA....:)
    I grew up in BBurg, lived there until the late 80's. I was what the VT students would call a "Towny"
    My Mom still lives there, so I still visit a couple times a year.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    I know that place!! That's were I proposed to my wife. Actually it was a couple hundred yards down stream on a big flat rock in the middle of the stream. Used to go there a lot growing up.
    Cascade Falls....above B'Burg VA....:)

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Not my pic....but this is about 25 minutes from my house....

I know that place!! That's were I proposed to my wife. Actually it was a couple hundred yards down stream on a big flat rock in the middle of the stream. Used to go there a lot growing up.

Leave a comment:

• TennOutdoors
    replied
    oh I see, raise me by a water fall will you. LOL. nice spot, theres a few around here with falls, but not like that. Great pic.

Rapid dagger, nice pic. I guess if you stretch the rules, an inland sea by any other name might still be considered a swimming hole. I mean it is wet and the water is basically in a hole. LOL.

Domdabear, great pic. thanks for posting.
    Last edited by TennOutdoors; 05-29-2011, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snow Walker
    replied
    All you guys have some nice swimming holes, the one we had as kids is muck and snapper infested now. There are plenty of beautiful areas up here, but I still wish the one with all the memories was like it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Not my pic....but this is about 25 minutes from my house....

Leave a comment:

• Domdabears
    replied
    Nice pictures!
    This is the swimming hole (quarry) by my house. It's behind Bluff City Cemetery.
    Where they filmed the new Nightmare on Elm St.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TennOutdoors
    replied
    Originally posted by matt_t2004 View Post
    We used to ride horses around Big South Fork. I live in Macon County Which is on the KY line. I am going to have to visit that swim hole when i get a chance.
    let me know when you want directions its pretty easy to get to. well mostly. depends on whether the trail is been washed out or not. you can drive in from the Kentuck side if you have four wheelers or an offroad vehicle. nice ride from Kentucky, but can be rough.

Leave a comment:

• matt_t2004
    replied
    We used to ride horses around Big South Fork. I live in Macon County Which is on the KY line. I am going to have to visit that swim hole when i get a chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X