No announcement yet.

A local swimming hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my pic....but this is about 25 minutes from my house....

Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

All you guys have some nice swimming holes, the one we had as kids is muck and snapper infested now. There are plenty of beautiful areas up here, but I still wish the one with all the memories was like it used to be.

Comment

oh I see, raise me by a water fall will you. LOL. nice spot, theres a few around here with falls, but not like that. Great pic.

Rapid dagger, nice pic. I guess if you stretch the rules, an inland sea by any other name might still be considered a swimming hole. I mean it is wet and the water is basically in a hole. LOL.

Domdabear, great pic. thanks for posting.
        Last edited by TennOutdoors; 05-29-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
          Not my pic....but this is about 25 minutes from my house....

I know that place!! That's were I proposed to my wife. Actually it was a couple hundred yards down stream on a big flat rock in the middle of the stream. Used to go there a lot growing up.
          The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
            I know that place!! That's were I proposed to my wife. Actually it was a couple hundred yards down stream on a big flat rock in the middle of the stream. Used to go there a lot growing up.
            Cascade Falls....above B'Burg VA....:)

Comment

Cascade Falls....above B'Burg VA....:)
              I grew up in BBurg, lived there until the late 80's. I was what the VT students would call a "Towny"
              My Mom still lives there, so I still visit a couple times a year.

Comment

I grew up in BBurg, lived there until the late 80's. I was what the VT students would call a "Towny"
                My Mom still lives there, so I still visit a couple times a year.
                I do a lot of work up in the B'Burg area......

You may have seen these at the 1st & Main Shopping plaza...

I also did a bunch of work on campus.....stadium renovation and such...

Comment

Very very cool. I'm going up Tomorrow and Friday for a funeral. I'll do a drive-by and check it out.

Comment

This is one of my families fav swim spots. It is in the white mountains. We live only 2 miles from the atlantic ocean so that is our every day swim hole.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I do a lot of work up in the B'Burg area......

You may have seen these at the 1st & Main Shopping plaza...

I also did a bunch of work on campus.....stadium renovation and such...
                      Wow!!! They look much larger in person. The two toned "Hokie" paint scheme really brought em to life.
                      Did you set them in the stone work or did they have the contractors do that?
                      How much do those things weigh?
                      Nice work!

Comment

Wow!!! They look much larger in person. The two toned "Hokie" paint scheme really brought em to life.
                        Did you set them in the stone work or did they have the contractors do that?
                        How much do those things weigh?
                        Nice work!
                        They're about 11ft x 11ft....and weigh about 600 lbs per.

The contractor did the rock work.

It breaks my heart....that restaurant went toes up....last time I was close up it said "opening fall 2008".

Give me a PM next time you're on this end of the world....I'll try to hang at the shop....you can swing by and check out the BIG mancave......:)

Comment

I have an ideal spot that I live in then as to swimmin holes, 2 creeks , 1 on either side of the farm, a river about 2 miles away . and the sound is only about 50 miles. always good swimmin.

Comment

Working...
                          X