On the Arizona Trail between Lake Mary & Lake Marshall near Flagstaff, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Arizona Trail between Lake Mary & Lake Marshall near Flagstaff, AZ

SkyOwl and I spend a few days in Williams almost every year looking at geology stuff in the area. We took some great pics last time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	184581
    "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Williams is my favorite place to go camping.

Comment

We count Williams as a comfort camp and stay at the KOA there. Ever go see this place?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	184583
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

I have never seen that before. I avoid campgrounds if at all possible. I usually camp close to one of the many tanks in the pines.

Comment

It's got observation hutches but no campground. It's on an Indian Reservation on a lava flow on the Little Colorado River. It is called variously Desert Niagra, Desert Falls, or Grand Falls. It's where Sunset's Bonito Flow (or Merriam's Kana-a Flow, there is disagreement) crossed the river, causing it to re-route itself. Interesting to geology amateurs.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Beautiful! I lived in Mesa for a few years when in high school, so we did a lot of hiking and "sight seeing".. I often miss the beauty of the desert, and the mountain views... The hardest is Ohio winters.. bleh.. someday I hope to make it back out for some of the beauty Az has to offer! Thanks for sharing!
                If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

Working...
                X