No announcement yet.

Thinking "Out of the Box"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we play an interesting game at work that goes along with this. Once a week someone brings in a common ordinary "thing" (coffee mug, screw driver, tooth brush, etc.), then the rest of us come up with ideas of alternate uses. Most are just ridiculous but with every item there have been at least 2-3 ideas that were very good for alternate uses. Really helps in looking at common ordinary objects in a different light.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

You know I don't know... But the pack could be a great idea. You could probably sew up lots of things with a heavy thread or heavy test fishing line then wipe the seams with some silicon caulk and wala waterproof. Does give ideas like packs, ponchos, shelters, flys etc... I wonder if when washing if it'd take a dye... hmmm might have to see if I can find a house build and scrounge or check out the lumber yards for some remnants. I think a lot of places use it or a similar for lumber covers now also.
      Country, I'm sure it can be dyed. I just don't know what type of dye or ink it takes for coloring. I've actually been trying to figure out if there is a Tyvek material available preprinted in multicam pattern. Would make a great material for any number of clothing (rain gear) and carry gear (packs & bags). I also included a pic of a DIY pack made from Tyvek (not mine) and you should check out Pinterest for DIY Tyvek projects. Finding scraps for projects in my area is almost impossible. Not much being built.

Dale

Comment

Dang that is nice. Someone had some mad sewing skills... good thought on Piterest, I always forget about the cool stuff there.

Not sure about the printed tyvec; but if you're correct that FrogToggs are tyvek, then it must be in someway dye-able/ printable as I've seen those suits in about every color of the rainbow. A nice OD dye job followed by spray dye or paint for some improvised homemade pattern could work...
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Working...
        X