Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping Pads or Camp Beds?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I run the thremorest self inflating pad. weighs just over two pounds but is super comfortable . I'm a big guy. 6'4 240 lbs. it stays inflated all night and i sleep on my side without issue. this is the only route for me now. It has been a god send while i have had to sleep in my truck several nights for work. Then the camping trips have been much more livable.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by kentuckyshiner85 View Post
      I run the thremorest self inflating pad. weighs just over two pounds but is super comfortable . I'm a big guy. 6'4 240 lbs. it stays inflated all night and i sleep on my side without issue. this is the only route for me now. It has been a god send while i have had to sleep in my truck several nights for work. Then the camping trips have been much more livable.


      Thank you Kentuckyshiner! I went hunting for the item you spoke of and found a bunch of different models here:

      https://www.thermarest.com/mattresses

      Which is the one you like so much?

      Comment


      • #33
        I misspoke i had to go pull it out to see what model i have. It is not a thermorest. I have the sea to summit comfort plus s.i.size large. I do apologize for any confusion.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by kentuckyshiner85 View Post
          I misspoke i had to go pull it out to see what model i have. It is not a thermorest. I have the sea to summit comfort plus s.i.size large. I do apologize for any confusion.
          Thanks, I will look that up! No need to apologize for the confusion; I am mass of confused impulses anyway, lolol. (j/k but only a little)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post

            Thanks, I will look that up! No need to apologize for the confusion; I am mass of confused impulses anyway, lolol. (j/k but only a little)
            I found some on sale on R.E.I. website . look in there used section. or if you're a lil more adventurous try geartrade.com the have used gear for all kinds of outdoor stuff. i have bought several things and have been happy thus far. just be sure to read the descriptions closely .

            Comment


            • #36
              I could go broke in a hurry at places like that! But I try to put a lid on mu impulses, lol.

              Thanks for the references. Geartrade.com is new to me.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by surviveanything View Post
                I'm looking for some advice.

                I've finally decided to treat my back to some more comfort while camping. But I can't decide between a sleeping pad such as the OutdoorsmanLab (attached) or a camp bed such as the Vango Dormir (http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/furniture/...r-campbed.html).

                They both look pretty comfortable and also portable but I've never tried either.

                Does anyone have any advice as to which will be more comfortable? Thanks in advance!
                consider a hammock. I made one out of 50x10 ft of 2" mesh monofilament netting so it can feed me if need be. I folded it 3x, making 6 ft long, I gathered the ends around a couple of cork fishing floats, using mule-tape as tree straps. I sleep on it sideways if it's not too cold.with the corners guyed out pretty "flat" to 4 stakes.

                i truly dislike ground dwelling, with the bugs, snakes, stones, thorns, mud, water snow, hillsides, etc. If You have to lay on the ground, dig up the earth to soften it and dig depressions for your hips and shoulders. You'll be much more comfortable. Put a foot of loose debris under your pad, and that'll help a lot, too.

                Comment

                Working...
                X