X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshot ammo from a socket

Here is how I make slingshot ammo using a socket

https://youtu.be/MROUF3I-rUA

Nicely done, Joe. Very innovative way to reuse old sockets.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I enjoyed the video. Those sockets are plentiful at the flea markets and in yard sales, and this is a great way to make uniformly sized ammo without resorting to buying ready made ones.

I moseyed around your Youtube channel and found the video about your idea of a y-shaped nocking point for the atlatl. I will have to try that! I can see where it could solve a couple of problems.... Thank you for posting!
      Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 12-04-2018, 11:22 AM.
      Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Thank you I try to make it simple and to the point.

Comment

My husband has everything to make sinkers for fishing. He can do this. Just needs the sockets. This is a great idea. He has a box full of lead that he melts down for the sinkers. Has the molds for all different sizes. So When I go to store I am going to pick up some old sockets at the pawn shop. The video was great and had other things to check out as well.

Comment

My husband has everything to make sinkers for fishing.
            If he has Round headed jig molds he can use those and just leave out the hooks

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              My husband has everything to make sinkers for fishing. He can do this. Just needs the sockets. This is a great idea. He has a box full of lead that he melts down for the sinkers. Has the molds for all different sizes. So When I go to store I am going to pick up some old sockets at the pawn shop. The video was great and had other things to check out as well.
              If he has small egg sinker mold they make really good ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post

If he has small egg sinker mold they make really good ammo.
                Had to go out to shed to check what he has and yes he does have a small egg sinker mold. Didn't see any for a BB type mold. but the egg shaped one should work well.

Comment

Working...
                X