Club project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club project

I went to the beach the other day and found an amazing piece of driftwood! It's about 2.5' long curved and capped off by a knot on one end! The wood is not local, I didn't recognize it. It's really dense and heavy and has been in the water a long time.

So, I decided to make a CLUB! Haha!

I sanded it down, added a few coats of shellac and a leather binding handle! Enjoy:

-Buggy

I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Cool, I like the way the handle end has the pock marks
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Very nice, and very creative. How do you carry it? Anybody remember the Ally Oop cartoon? Maybe a hole in the end for a lanyard or wrist strap?
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Ha! Thanks guys. It's just a show piece more than anything. Morg: I like the idea of a lanyard. Perhaps a braided leather strap?

I'm really into wood. (Make appropriate jokes here) I have walking sticks, driftwood sculpture pieces and general junk wood lying everywhere in and on my property. haha!

-Buggy

Comment

It's not junk. It is ART. Put on a beret, and smoke a cigarette from a cigarette holder. You could charge $5,000.00 per piece. You will have some numbskull from San Francisco willing to pay.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
            It's not junk. It is ART. Put on a beret, and smoke a cigarette from a cigarette holder. You could charge $5,000.00 per piece. You will have some numbskull from San Francisco willing to pay.
            I put it on Ebay for $300! Bahahahah!

-B uggy

Comment

Oh Buggy: Now we can really get creative!!! Make up some story about finding deep in the woods, and how it must be some Indian relic, or ceremonial club. Put some old discolored beads on it. I can see the price going up exponentially. We can really have some fun with this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                Oh Buggy: Now we can really get creative!!! Make up some story about finding deep in the woods, and how it must be some Indian relic, or ceremonial club. Put some old discolored beads on it. I can see the price going up exponentially. We can really have some fun with this!!
                ooh ooh... tie a small piece of sun bleached chicken bone to it and say it's some piece of spirit animal bone from a bobcat or coyote or something

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

ooh ooh... tie a small piece of sun bleached chicken bone to it and say it's some piece of spirit animal bone from a bobcat or coyote or something
                  For that kind of cash we could start a prepper business, I can provide bones, teeth and claws. LOL! Might even try etsy.

Dale
                  Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING!

hahaha!

-Buggy

Comment

Can use sticks and gut piles to buy beans and bullets...

Comment

"...Maybe a hole in the end for a lanyard or wrist strap?..."

If you do that you have now taken a stick and made it into a weapon by most state laws. So be very careful and check your state laws.

Comment

Nice find Buggy. Lots you can do with it. Have fun with that and make some big bucks.

Comment

When you have the right mind set anything is a tool or a work of art. Make your choice Buggy and sell it as such at the most inflated price possible. Or keep it as art but think of it as a tool. I was saved by a work of art that I thought of as a tool twice! Much younger then but it still hangs close at hand. A hand carved folk art laundry ladle can give a new meaning to old hickory, Much more effective than a bat.

Comment

Working...
                            X