No announcement yet.

Who was a Boy Scout or is an Eagle Scout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a National Eagle Scout dinner in Rock Hill, SC first week of January I am thinking of going to just to get the poop on this poop.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Girls have been in Scouting for years with the ventures and Explorers and years ago the CampFire Girls was supposedly a BSA backed group.

This most recent thing of opening up the Cubs and BSA to girls is to me the last sellout item. I honestly thing it was primarily done as a way to generate revenue, to get anyones money to keep it rolling. It truly is sad. Think the girls troops goes effective in Feb but I think in Jan the Latter Day Saints end their 100+ year relationship with the BSA and start their own based more around the original structure of the BSA.

It's sad and I have mixed feelings as my boys have just started in and our pack and troops around here are pretty conservative but it's only a matter of time until the Council's and Districts shove the big shit sandwich into everryone's faces.

If the cut the head of the snake off that would help alot. The bureaucracy at the top of the BSA should be ashamed of the obscene salaries and events they have all on the backs of the kids and the volunteers that make up 98% of the organization.

Makes you wonder what will happen though. Could a group like the LDS church swoop in and in effect do a buy out? I also wonder with the likely 100's of millions or billions they own in property does it become where they sell off camps and reservations to find funding?
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Was a cub scout for a while, dad transfered out of country. Back into the USA and joined BSA, got kicked out of local troop. I have an anti-authority issue with the Demo-God scout master. He kicked down my two man tents, I kicked down his huge bivouac tent. He put me on KP doing dishes, I left the soap on his dishes. Latrine trots, up next. Yep, I was the kind of kid you warned your daughter NOT to date.
        It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war!

Comment

I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout, as were both my sons. They both went on to be Eagles- back when being a Scout still meant something.
          I also served as Den Leader and Assistance Scout Master, etc. "Be Prepared" is STILL my motto.

Comment

Eagle Scout (Piscataway NJ) late 60`s early 70`s
            "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I was a cub scout and then a boy scout. Got kicked out of the boy scouts.Did not buy into the Troop master's authority trip.
              It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war!

Comment

Working...
              X