No announcement yet.

CAROLINA Meet UP Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you'd still like to have one I will let you co-organize it if you like.

We need to decide on the requirements, will shooting and firearms be allowed?

Are we going to have organized classes on stuff, or just hang out etc..

Let me know your thoughts Zombie
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

I think all variables should be determined by the owner of the location. If somebody would be willing to host this campout in a central NC location then they should speak up and lay out the rules. Take charge and be a leader. You'll never be able to please everybody, but if this doesn't get going soon then it won't happen.

On a personal note, I think we should choose beer OR guns, not both. At least not until we get to know each other better.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        I think all variables should be determined by the owner of the location. If somebody would be willing to host this campout in a central NC location then they should speak up and lay out the rules. Take charge and be a leader. You'll never be able to please everybody, but if this doesn't get going soon then it won't happen.

On a personal note, I think we should choose beer OR guns, not both. At least not until we get to know each other better.

Tony
        This was tried and shot down in flames.

Comment

Not anything goes.

#1 Liqour and firearms will NOT be present at the same time.

#2 if firearms are to be present and shot, then there will be strcit guidelines if this get together is to have anything to do with this forum, obviously for safety and liability reasons for the land owner.

This is not going to be a yee haw free for all get sh*t faced and shoot off ur guns event.

It will either be organized and safe, or happen privately and not condoned by the forum

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

My opinion I think it should be less of a strict schedule type of event. More relaxed get to know everyone type of event. Most of us here have never met one another. I agree on the no firearms no alcohol at the same time. Maybe it would be best for this get to know event to just say no alcohol, it would make some people more comfortable about showing up. This event should be no excuse for a drunken throw down. Anyone drinking should be asked to leave.

Maybe you could start a thread for people to post what they would like to learn about. Once you had a general idea what people want then we could find who wants to teach what.

I know I am very timid and stand offish when it comes to meeting people the first time. I am sure there are others that feel the same way. So the more relaxing and welcoming you could make it, then more people will show up.

Comment

We can make it a campout type event on a public property if you like like a park or something?

LEt's see what Zombie thinks

Comment

I am going to throw this out to the group to see what anyone thinks.
                http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreat...campground.htm
                Have stayed here before. It is a nice place to have a social gathering. For some of the types that don't like primative camping there is a nice bath house. Word of caution all the parks in this area are alcohol free. There is a the shooting range close by if someone wanted that. Good hiking and the lake is within walking distance.

If you might like to choose another area you might want to check here:
                http://www.recreation.gov/welcome.do?topTabIndex=Home

Comment

I know BeeBop would like that location ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                    If you'd still like to have one I will let you co-organize it if you like.

We need to decide on the requirements, will shooting and firearms be allowed?

Are we going to have organized classes on stuff, or just hang out etc..

Let me know your thoughts Zombie
                    I would have loved to back when I had the time... Now with things picking up @ work I couldn't devote the time to make it a success that such an Xcolony event would deserve:( Seems to me you could probably find a few on here that might be willing to help out :)

My off season is in the winter...

Whatever gets planned I am sure it will be a success :)

Maybe next winter...

later,
                    ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                    beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

count me in , just let me know a time and date. this is really close to my home anyhow

Comment

Well, I can see this still has not gone anywhere, but judging from other sites, that seems to be par for the course. The Squirrels and the Rubies get together and have taken themselves well beyond what can be shared here...
                        I still think we should have a meet and great and then plan from there. I did meet some fellow colonists back in the early spring and sharing and learning from each other in person is so much better. Uwharrie would be great, especially in the fall once it cools off a bit. Think about it.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, who can say no to good company.

Comment

Come on Southeast region, lets have a get together. Whats the harm? I'm willing, since our business is slow I can meet up almost any weekend. I believe it'd be nice to meet and exchange info/knowledge. Uwharrie National Forest has many camp sites available , and its located pretty much in central NC.

Comment

I could meet for most of a Saturday, not much more than that. My work at home takes up most of my time away from the office.

Comment

hey this could be a great way to sell t shirts and meet everybody it aint to hot weathers not to big a problem
                                the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Working...
                                X