X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C141-B LOAD
    replied
    Lets just meet, setting a date.......,

ok, seems like we have the beginnings of something here. Lets just look at our calenders,and find an open weekend. Just meet up get to know one another and see if things gel. If not nothing lost. My calender is empty, so far. Lets just say May 16th, just for starters, at Hooters in Statesville? Its just an idea, anyone have anything better, spit it out.

Leave a comment:

• lailr
    replied
    Somewhere in the western part of the state up in the mountains would be good......look at mortimier and the wilson creek area........I was really impressed, Mortimier was WAAAY back off the main road, like it took 15-25 minutes of driving up a dirt road to get to this community, and their seemed to be only 2 roads in and out, easliy defendable. It butts up aginst table rock state park and a bear sancturaty.

Leave a comment:

• infinity
    replied
    While I can't participate in your Group Get Away (too far away), I would suggest that you have some preliminary meetings with participants to kind of feel them out and make sure you are all compatible. You could use the time to do the planning part of the activities for some pre-defined period dependent upon how long you think before the Group needs it's get away. Meet in some neutral place (libary? coffee shop? whereever) in case you decide one peson isn't really your cup of tea.

Just a thought. Hope it all comes together.

It would be really neat if there were such Group Getaways all over America and they could communicate/trade to help rebuild America should that day ever come. (Just my Utopian dream of course.)

Leave a comment:

• C141-B LOAD
    replied
    Faith......,

i'm willing to go on a little faith.

Leave a comment:

• chester125
    replied
    So, say if one has some 30+ acres to offer nearby to get together and so forth. Forget about where it is. Its nearby. can you shoot? Yes. Secluded? Yep. Deer? All the time. 4 wheel? Sure Camping? Just say when. Pond or running creek? absolutely Wooded? about 90% Now How do we go about trusting each other to meet and so forth. Just asking.

Leave a comment:

• nicnap
    replied
    Originally posted by SandHillsHillbilly View Post
    I have been looking in that area. The problem I am finding is most is divided up into long narrow parcels for Mobile homes. I understand this was done for septic tank reasons. It is an excellent area. Isolated by distance from major cities. Anything farther west puts you too close to Cheraw and east would put you near pageland. Looking to the north is a good idea as that area is also isolated. You have to becareful of Wadesboro and Rockingham.
    Yep...I have a friend who has some land there (several hundred acres)...If he decides to sell, I will see what he is asking. There is a lot of good land there, but you are right; if you are going to get a nice chunk, someone's gonna have to die off - too much family owned tracts. Wish you well on your search for land.

Leave a comment:

• SandHillsHillbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by nicnap View Post
    Have you thought about Mt. Croghan? Lots of land for sale or lease there. Lot of it is good for farming, and just enough hills to be able to defend it. Or you could head over to White Store in Anson/Union cty. NC.
    I have been looking in that area. The problem I am finding is most is divided up into long narrow parcels for Mobile homes. I understand this was done for septic tank reasons. It is an excellent area. Isolated by distance from major cities. Anything farther west puts you too close to Cheraw and east would put you near pageland. Looking to the north is a good idea as that area is also isolated. You have to becareful of Wadesboro and Rockingham.

Leave a comment:

• SandHillsHillbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    there's just soo many potential problems with non payers, squatters, people abusing and not pulling their weight... etc etc
    This is a major problem. You will have those that complain that so and so is not pulling their own weight. You will also have the slackers. Each of has our own set of talents and skills. Who is the one that delegates duties or chores? We do not need or want a ruler. For equal representation a committee formed by having one member of each household (head of household) represent the household. The committee votes what needs to be done and who should be appointed to carry out the task. If someone has a problem it goes before the committee to decide a solution. With this type of solution to duties and problems it would still be possible for a member to volunteer for a particular duty. If the committee feels that they are capable of doing it then they will be assigned that task. This does not stop you from offering a helping hand to someone. It would also be a way of someone learning a new skill. The committee would decide how to handle slackers. The slackers or squatters would be allowed to present their case to the committe.

I maybe way off in left field, but off I am just offering this idea off the top of my head. I would love to see others opions on how to handle such situations.

Leave a comment:

• Oscar Wilde
    replied
    I envy you Tarheels, your getting your heads together. Goals are achieved in stages....buy what land you think you need now....near or amongst larger tracts of wilderness lands...occupy it.... I would call for a gathering on the site and continue my discussion from there....you can't resolve the what ifs from off site. Should there be any uninvited new comers they can be permitted to occupy areas on the perimeter of the BOL to unwittingly serve as OPs/delay positions. Your territorial expansion will occur naturally and nearby property owners may join in the collective effort....providing the proper people skills are employed....they certainly won't be in any position to cause problems.
    O.W.

Leave a comment:

• signtalker
    replied
    this matter is in the hands of the leaders of this site if this is gonna work or not/if anything is gonna happen the ball better start rolling. so we will just keep on doing the preps and hope we done enough. when things gets nasty, stuff will happen fast. so we have to rely on ourselves anyway.

Leave a comment:

• coxmw
    replied
    So how do we go about making this happen..

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    there's just soo many potential problems with non payers, squatters, people abusing and not pulling their weight... etc etc

Leave a comment:

• C141-B LOAD
    replied
    hi, yes i live pretty close to there , and have been scouting that area pretty hard.
    best way to scout an area without going is to use google maps, satalite view.

Leave a comment:

• ridgid1
    replied
    so does anybody know where this BOL might be located one day? any ideas in the workings?

Leave a comment:

• signtalker
    replied
    b load did you say the bol in the uwharrie national forest? was just down that way the other day was looking around that area.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X