Carolina Joint BOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    As per our other converation and interest shown let's discuss the possibility of a Carolina Xcolony BOL/Facility

The floor is open, let's hear your thoughts

I would be interested in discussing this further. As for the suggestion of the old Globe community in Caldwell county there used to be several properties around that area that could be used for isolation. I'm not really worried about the wandering hordes because lets face it most of them are sheep who will wait to be told what to do and have never been off the main road in their lives.

Another idea is if you can find the right terrain a bobcat could dig out spaces to put the storage containers and then bury them with the removed earth making them easier to keep warm and much more defensible.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" while picking up a big stick.

Comment

Have any of you read any of "ferfal's" blog? He went thru (and is still going thru) the economic collapse in Argentine (1999). According to him...you're better off in the suburbs, still connected to the city. From his writings...if you're going to be out in the middle of nowhere...you'd better have a small army. Small families were easy pickn's for the bad guys.

Comment

Watching with much interest.......I'm not in NC but I can see it from here. I have a skid steer and am also involved in a project involving a commodity that must be stored in buried, waterproofed Connex containers. I plan to place one here once I see how the contractor waterproofs them and provides for drainage around them.
        JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
          Watching with much interest.......I'm not in NC but I can see it from here. I have a skid steer and am also involved in a project involving a commodity that must be stored in buried, waterproofed Connex containers. I plan to place one here once I see how the contractor waterproofs them and provides for drainage around them.

Please let me know how that works out. There is a place a few miles from here with hundreds of the Connex containers for sale.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" while picking up a big stick.

Comment

I think a central BOL could work well with some sort of equal share from everyone included here.Maybe a long term lease?Something in writing I reckon would do.Alot of good locations around that could offer everything a group would need.Find a likable spot get the info from a posted sign or neighbor on the owner or present lease holder of the property,and go from there.Alot of land owners will agree to a lease amount that would pay for their taxes.XColony Hunting Club??As far as the land around "The Globe'',its getting gone way too fast for waaaaaay too much.I don't think the Floridiots know the value of a dollar.There is ,however alot of federal land in the area if one must bug out.

Comment

Originally posted by flight or fight View Post
              Please let me know how that works out. There is a place a few miles from here with hundreds of the Connex containers for sale.
              Any idea what they are selling for? I have a lot beside my shop that I'd like to put several containers on...and rent them out for storage.

Comment

I think the idea of an Xcolony BOL in the sticks a great idea. I know I only make so much money and with the economy and the way it is :mad: being in the construction bizz im lucky to have what work I do have for income... But I do have many skills in erecting buildings and construction and would be willing to offer my services.... with just the cost of the mortgage of the land, we would need ALOT!!!! of members to pay monthly dues. right?
                Last edited by ridgid1; 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM.
                proper preparedness prevents poor performance

Comment

Not quite sure yet, depends on land size, lease or buy etc etc etc

Depends if we want to limit it to 10 members or let 20 or 30 participate etc.

ALOT of unknowns right now

Could be $100 / month in dues or $300-400

REALLY no clue at all
                  WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

As was mentioned Globe Mtn would be a great place for a man and his familiy to be.There or many hollers and holes with rock caves for temp living area.GM is some of the roughest land I have ever been on.It would be almost impossible for a man to get got in that area.There is a area on GM called Thunder hole and it is some of the most hard to penetrate land I have ever seen.Also has plenty of water supply and natural food

Comment

I'd worry about leasing a spot. I'm afraid that in a "REAL" SHTF situation all bets would be off on the lease...and the owner would claim the land for his own BOL.

Comment

If it were the REAL deal ,ALL bets would be off anyhow .I guess if your home or car wasn't paid for you'd have to give it back ,right? To who? And why are we stockpiling ammo????

Comment

land lease would enable you to prep the land.

in SHTF all bets are off anywhere on everything
                          WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Carolina Joint BOL

Great idea to have some land set aside for THE emergency. Hard to get to is one way to think of it, but a place to farm is more important I think. Lots of woods and some farm land. With enough folks, any place can be defended with guard duty rosters and defensible fields of fire set up. That and farming might be my helpful area. You want to find folks that can do different things besides fund it and pay dues. I promise you experienced doctors, nurses, dentists, farmers, hunters, and military experts are out there also looking for a place to light when it becomes necessary.
                            I knowledge of 60+ years digging into everything I could study and military service might help me find a home out there, but my diabetes and one leg pretty much leave me out. I do want to become involved so that my grandchildren and children can will have a place to go. Does that sound plausible? I contribute and they live.

Comment

ScoutGunner, not everyone has to be this hunky stud running around the woods surviving... in fact those folks are what they pretend to be... Everyone has a weakness...

IMHO I value knowledge above most other things related to S&P, and to that trust, the ability to get along with others, and not lazy... I think any retreat that had a person with your 'trigger time' and various other skills would definately have an advantage over their foes...

Sure a group needs brawn, but to be well rounded out, they need brains (skills and experience) as well.

later,
                              ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                              beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

If that's the consensus, count me in. Heck, I could even sell my place and move to the location and be the caretaker, if it's not too far from my grandchildren. It would be great to start seeding the woods areas to attract deer, set up the land for planting and make sure of drainage, set up compost pit, bury containers for storage, etc. I would need some of your muscles to accomplish this, but I could at least keep the place secure.
                                Let's see...we would need a diesel tractor with plow, disc harrow, and planter accessories, an atv(diesel if they make such a thing), some above ground fuel tanks to hold the diesel and one for oil. Gravity gets it down to the tanks without any hassle.
                                Over time, if we have any, we can set this place up and build barracks or small homesteads. Everyone's vacation time would allow familiarization with the area, animal trails, fishing holes, build the homesteads, barns, deer stands, and have some fun cooking out. Gosh!, So much time and so little to do......

Comment

Working...
                                X