Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oatmealer
    replied
    Born and raised in Portland. Currently live in NH. I get to Maine often. Outside the Windham area, and outside the Auburn area (parents!). My brother and I rough it up in the Moosehead region once a year just to get away from everything. Always plan to go farther, up to the Alagash maybe, but the drive home kills me as it is haha. Just got back from 4 days up in the Rangeley Lakes region with the Mrs and her family. Wasn't quite "roughing" it, but I pretended! There is something about being in the woods/mountains of Maine. Does not feel "just right" in similar type locations in other states. I may live in NH, but Maine will always be home. Someday I would love to have a set-up like what Farmertam and everyone is talking about, somewhere up in Maine. Someday... "sigh"

Leave a comment:

• RIjake
    replied
    I don't know how far from Penn. u want to be but Maine's got a lot of reasonlbly priced land that's great for a BOL

Leave a comment:

• powers29
    replied
    im comin into some money soon anyone know where to buy some cheap land and also i have been looking into a solar panel power system and its cheaper than you think. its is easy to set up. check out ebay. its worth looking into

Leave a comment:

• RIjake
    replied
    Hey fellow new englander here! My residence of record is Rhode Island but I've got 16 acres in western Maine that my mind occupies most of the time. It's raw, heavily forested land but I'm working on building a cabin.

Leave a comment:

• MadScotsMan
    replied
    Another Vermonster

Westford Vermont here. We've recently moved here and have begun gardening, and working towrds self-sufficiency. I used to live in the shadow of Mt. Mansfield (and hiked it as well!) but now we're in the shadow of some rolling hills!

Leave a comment:

• CORP
    replied
    I am new to the site, up in NH. Still active duty so I definitely do not live off the grid but one day when I retire for sure! Sounds like you have a great set up, would love to see it sometime and looking forward to meeting more locals from the site up here at some get togethers, etc.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• powers29
    replied
    I am in PA I would love to get off the grid like that. I have been working on my personal arsenal, reloading ammo, and gear to bug out when needed, I love to hunt for my own food, and with a lake and rivers all around I am going to start my fishing expedition soon when I get all my gear together. In a situation where I would have to live off the land arises I would like to be ready. With a wife and small daughter I worry about providing for them in a disaster or terrorist attack that leaves us in the dark ages. As the current regime in DC might not have our 2nd ammendment rights are not totally in their sights yet with the War and economy the way they are soon they will be. Then where does that leave people like us? Not being able to defend our family, homes, and resources. As Americans we should be scared of what the politicians could do to us as a whole. They dont have to worry about it they have our money to spend to hire their security and their bug out bunkers. The last posts that I have read it seems I have more work and preparations to do and I am glad that there are more people like me out there wondering worrying and making preparations for the days to come.
    " Remember we are only paranoid until something happens, Then we will be ready!

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    replied
    Ha, same here Andy, work has been especially demanding lately...I'll be in touch...

Leave a comment:

• langloisandy
    replied
    Been busy....back now!

Fellow X'rs...

I been FAR to busy this summer/fall to be active here on the forum. My apologies.

BUT...I am back!

Vermonters, PM/Email to meetup for coffee!

Andy the leather guy
    www.andysleather.com

Leave a comment:

• group2lt
    replied
    Metrowest area in Masschusetts here

Leave a comment:

• herbalpagan
    replied
    Just a reminder

Plans for the August Get Together are coming along very well! So far we have:
    dutch oven demo over an open fire (with venison)
    EMP talk
    Financial talk
    Grain grinder demo
    wheat talk
    bee keeping talk and demo
    mead making demo
    using portable solar to run kitchen appliances
    Food preps
    and more

Camping is available for any who want it.
    talks start at 11 and the potluck will be at 5. Please bring a dish made from foods that are part of preps.
    I will provide beverages, munchies, condiments and home made bread.

If you are interested, I need you to either PM me here or email me at: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Icom (Ticom)
    replied
    Originally posted by herbalpagan View Post
    Welcom Tom! Western Mass here...in case you haven't read that far, I'm hosting a get together of prepper/survivalists August 22. All are welcome! Please PM me for more details if anyone is interested. We have several good demos and talks planned and camping is available.:D
    Sounds good to me!

Leave a comment:

• herbalpagan
    replied
    Welcom Tom! Western Mass here...in case you haven't read that far, I'm hosting a get together of prepper/survivalists August 22. All are welcome! Please PM me for more details if anyone is interested. We have several good demos and talks planned and camping is available.:D

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Icom (Ticom)
    replied
    Northwest Connecticut checking in...

Leave a comment:

• bambam55
    replied
    Hi I live in souhtern Hew Hampshire and go up to Swanton Vt. as much as the funds allow Ilike it up there. Bambam55

Leave a comment:

Working...
X