Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forever_frost
    replied
    It's good to see more people from Texas around here. I'm heading to New Zealand to visit the wife till March. Hopefully when I return, it'll be gardening weather and the US will still be standing

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    wow Oddball where ya been!?!?!?!?
    I've been around. Just been working a lot. And in this day and age, I'm not complaining about that!

I will whine about the cold I've had for the last week. Everybody and their dog has had it. Which I am.....part of the 'everybody' or just a dog, I'm not sure. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    wow Oddball where ya been!?!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    Originally posted by bgtexas View Post
    New to Xcolony... I live just NE of Dallas.
    This looked a good place to discuss "What the heck happened our country" and "What are we going to do to maintain a sense of humor".
    Yep bgtexas, you found us! Welcome to the (generally, just bordering on tin-foil) gene pool. Speaking (in jest) to your opening issues:

I say it's all about exercise. Use it or lose it. That goes as much for one's sense of humor as it does one's Rights. Use 'em or lose 'em! PM me a politically incorrect joke and I'd say you're on your way to maintaining your health on both fronts! (Get it? Freedom of speech and humor covered in one act? Uh...... Ok, I'll go get some coffee and regret this post all day. :confused:)

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Midland/Odessa area here.

Leave a comment:

• BROWNING12
    replied
    North Richland Hills checking in.

Leave a comment:

• bgtexas
    replied
    New to Xcolony... I live just NE of Dallas.
    This looked a good place to discuss "What the heck happened our country" and "What are we going to do to maintain a sense of humor".

Leave a comment:

• forever_frost
    replied
    I'm just glad I've been blessed enough to offer

Leave a comment:

• das
    replied
    I think instead of looking to buy land one might be better off finding someone who has land and propositioning them about using it for a share of the produce. I live out in the 'burbs and some of these fools have 5-acre plots that they mow every weekend, water nightly and do NOTHING else with.

While I appreciate their keeping the neighborhood up I can't help but think they could use an acre for a community garden and be thrilled with the result.

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    A group land buy would be great, but difficult at best. If we could find the land, had all the legal considerations worked out and, oh yeah....had the money, we could probably do it!

That's not a criticism of your post, Fiendish. I'd love to do it! But today, I was happy to send forever_frost an IM about his land.

Leave a comment:

• Fiendish
    replied
    A community garden would be nice.
    It'd be possible for a group to go in on some land, but in order to get it for a reasonable amount you'd have to look pretty far from the city. It might be more convenient to take forever_frost up on his offer.

Leave a comment:

• forever_frost
    replied
    Always interesting to run into other survivalists. I'm a retired Infantry soldier and the habit has kind of stuck. I'm up near Paris.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you want to make a garden, I have the room.
    Last edited by forever_frost; 09-19-2008, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    The problem in N. Dallas is land. If anyone had any, it would be sold to the highest bidder. I'm not sure how far from here you'd have to go to find someone with land that was willing to commit it to a garden. My next step is to talk to the apartment folks and see if they would consider it. I know I'd never see any produce from it as people would likely take with out contributing. But if it got people back to the dirt, it might be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• das
    replied
    I agree the garden is a tough proposition but don't give up if you are pumped to do it. In the UK there are community gardens...why not here?

There are some WEALTHY people in north Dallas so get those environmentalist to do something beside buying new GREEN cars and wearing wool like they invented it or something.

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    Never participated in a buying co-op and really can't. I started a thread about the limitations related to living in an apartment.

I'd LOVE to participate in a community garden, though. But in N. Dallas, that's not likely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X