Solar Golf cart as Survival vehicle. AKA the " Letric Lee"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lalakai View Post
    it's a very good set up with multiple applications. Even during a localized issue, being mobile will help with transporting people/food/water. The solar aspect is very nice and with your set up you have a good balance but do you have adequate solar capability to keep up with those 6 batteries? Up in Michigan, solar efficiency is terrible and it would take a couple days to fully recharge 6 of those batteries even with multiple panels. But I am jealous of your setup.......good job
    its charging at 24 amps peak. that will bring then up to 80% in 4 hours. I can always add a couple of cells when its sitting still to boost output, but 1080 watts seems to be the max I can hang on it and still be mobile.

100 watts per battery is the about the norm, so its ahead of the game.
    Last edited by chuckklr98; 08-25-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

You can use it on a gold course or roads as long as you have clearance which by my view of your photo you have about 6" and what about the vibrations and all that electrical gear? I don't think you can use it cross country!!! You can beat the walking dead they just stumble along behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
        You can use it on a gold course or roads as long as you have clearance which by my view of your photo you have about 6" and what about the vibrations and all that electrical gear? I don't think you can use it cross country!!! You can beat the walking dead they just stumble along behind you.
        its actually faster than the stock 10mph with the solar on top. Per my app on my phone I hit a peak 16mph, seems to average 12 mph when the sun is out. VIBRATION is not a problem, rig is pretty quite. It could easily cross country 30 miles a day. I believe that's more than what the wagon trains, and hand carts did.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_handcart_pioneers
        Last edited by chuckklr98; 08-29-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

coming along nicely, I have ordered two skid steer tires for the back. They are a inch taller,2 inches wider, and have extremely aggressive tread.
          Last edited by chuckklr98; 08-30-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckklr98 View Post
            coming along nicely, I have ordered two skid steer tires for the back. They are a inch taller,2 inches wider, and have extremely aggressive tread.
            Correction, they are 1 inch taller, 3.5 inches wider, and fit nicely in the wheel wells.

I got stuck twice at a campground on simply really easy turf. The rain soften it up and this thing just sinks in. Put those on the rear today and I think it cured the problem.

Comment

Correction, they are 1 inch taller, 3.5 inches wider, and fit nicely in the wheel wells.

I got stuck twice at a campground on simply really easy turf. The rain soften it up and this thing just sinks in. Put those on the rear today and I think it cured the problem.
              Now we're talking!!

Hmmm... now for a lift kit??
              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

Now we're talking!!

I dont think any companies build lift kits for it, any way the wheel well in rear would only fit maybe an 19" inch tire

Comment

Now we're talking!!

fronts are two weeks away.

Comment

I dont think any companies build lift kits for it, any way the wheel well in rear would only fit maybe an 19" inch tire
                    I was sort of joking but I wonder if you could do mor of a body lift with some pucks. maybe 1-2". A little more wheel clearance.

This week I was at a supplier out near KC and they have a cushman cart with an enclosed 2 seat cab and a small bed on it they use for running around between the buildings on their campus. It made me think of your set up here.
                    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I was sort of joking but I wonder if you could do mor of a body lift with some pucks. maybe 1-2". A little more wheel clearance.

This week I was at a supplier out near KC and they have a cushman cart with an enclosed 2 seat cab and a small bed on it they use for running around between the buildings on their campus. It made me think of your set up here.

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm a body lift is a great idea. The tires are already bought, so it will have to wait till these are wore out. BUT some 20's sure would be nice.

Comment

Vid says it all. LOL!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSaTFt_0PU4

Comment

trying this again. will show the cart's inverter powering a chainsaw, and cutting down a tree next week

Comment

Just picked up two 08's. who wants one?

Comment

Wow, I love your solar cart! It pulled that truck as if it was light as air...

Well done, Chuck.
                              Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Working...
                              X