No announcement yet.

I took a trip up an old mining mountain trail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That mountain hike sounds really interesting. Finding all that stuff in the cabins like that you might could learn some things as to how people lived in those days.

Comment

Unfortunately, The trail to the mining town was opened up. It used to be a 16 mile hike to get up there. Years ago, they made an actual road to about 2 miles to the lake and mine. It didn't take long for all those relics, I mean EVERYTHING, even the buildings were stripped of their wood. We had left everything as is when we visited. Sad.

-Buggy
      I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Buggy: I agree with CG. Keep a journal on your hikes, and a few pics. You would be a great contributor to all of the outdoor mags, Backpacker, Survival, Off Grid. We probably all read those.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

The same thing happened up here in B.C. Used the be old 1800's cabins and was able to find old gold pans and lamps. Go back there few years later and everything is completely gone.

Comment

Working...
          X