• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slowz1k
    replied
    Ragenrob,

Very Nice!!!
    Love the design of the safari rack. Did you build that as well?

What kind of spare tire mount did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Ragenrob
    replied
    This is my grnd 4x4 bov did all the mods my self
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• txrebel10
    replied
    check on airplane acrylic

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    i am still trying to get the motor rebuilt on my vehicle.been on the road a lot and working on my ar pistol(finally got it done!).now with the holidays and some horse trading i think i will be able to get the motor done by january 1(trying to finish aquiring a long range hunting rifle and a full size ar).here is a pic of my vehicle.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jmarine
    replied
    Wish i had a truck :( all i got is a lil 4 cylinder car guess i will be relying on roads or backpacking or well acomidering a truck haha

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    bugout vehicle

well things have been going slow for me.work keeps me away from home a lot and trying to buy some property.i am still working on the 66 chevy and have the motor that i was looking for(400 small block chevy),but it needs attention at the machine shop.hopefully in a few weeks i can drop it off to be rebuilt.

Leave a comment:

• kentuckyshiner85
    replied
    i see some has spent some money others havent spent much. I must say to all that they all are very nice rides. brokenblade i would most likly pick the blazer. I am a big chevy fan . plus i have owned both and the chevy parts are easier to find, at least in my neck of the woods and seem to do better in the woods also. i currently have a 2001 chevy k1500 4x4 suburban everything is stock on it for now its not paid off yet next summer it will be all mine . I also have a 84 nissan pickup 4x4 that is great on gas but parts are hard to find and then very costly when i do. i will try to get some pics to up load asap.

Leave a comment:

• arjim
    replied
    Here is my bug out rig!,45mpg, rhino lined body,winch front and rear,a bed big enough to carry enough fuel to get me across the country a couple times.Very quite,and warm heater.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hudson69
    replied
    Bug out ride

Mine is an 03 extended cab Chevy Silverado with a shell.......... Good, solid and dependable.

Leave a comment:

• Brokenblade
    replied
    Which to use

These are my options for a Bov 92 Ford Bronco or 86 Gmc Jimmy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• avking
    replied
    Here is the Deuce
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• avking
    replied
    We have a few rigs that would be used in a SHTF situation. If we are in CA and something sudden were to happen, we would have to go about 1,000 miles to get to our place in ID. I dooubt that will be the case, because we plan to bug out on an extended vacation weeks before it got so bad you had to worry about what you are driving.

If we can make it an orderly evac, we will drive the Van and tow the H1 of the flatbed. If it is truly ugly and we have to make it 1,000 miles through civil unrest and rioting, we have an old diesel suburban that we will take. It looks like a POS and will not attract attention like the H1 or Van will, but it will go anywhere and mechanically it is 101%. We hope to move the H1 to ID permanently, this summer. The Deuce is kept in Idaho all the time and it will be the Daily Driver in a survival situation. It is bobbed and has a 5 Ton motor transplanted into it. The motor is a multi-fuel and can run on diesel, kerosene, new or used veggie oil and gasoline. You can mix the different fuel types if needed. Mileage sucks and top speed is around 65mph, but it will never have to go very far or very fast and it can tow my 40' Gooseneck with the Dozer and Backhoe on it.

We also have a couple Blazers we keep in ID. A gasser and a Diesel.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lil Bear
    replied
    We just traded my little dakota in on a chevy suburban K1500 4x4. Has enough room in it for the four of us, all our gear and then some. Can also double as a shelter if need be- plenty of room to sleep. Thinking about trading our minivan in on another 4x4. Just not sure what we want yet.

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    working on tradeing my 88 g/w for a 79 j10(just don't like the waggy).also looking at a 87 chevy(m1008 military),maybe i can sell my bmw and get the 87.if tshtf too soon i'll just use the bmw(325ix)as it is all wheel drive and pretty quick for an old car,although it would have to be painted flat black first.

Leave a comment:

• BangoSkank
    replied
    Here's mine, still a work in progress.I'm also getting ready to start building a self contained camping trailer from the one in the pic.

I'll post more pics as my lazy ass gets things done....Bruce
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X