Bug out vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    You leave that in the driveway and NO ONE will be able to get to me. When you and the lady moving up here?
    hehe, let them try to get past our rigs. Hey, buy my property down here and I would buy the land next to you in a heartbeat :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
      hehe, let them try to get past our rigs. Hey, buy my property down here and I would buy the land next to you in a heartbeat :D
      Is this cheap land?...next to the guy that has venison on his porch? Fill me in!

Comment

Originally posted by snal View Post
        Is this cheap land?...next to the guy that has venison on his porch? Fill me in!
        No its very expensive :D

haha just kidding

Comment

Uh oh.......I don't know what you're talking about. No land.....and if it was it would be VERY expensive. I have been to Rusty's hometown and land is real cheap out there! :D
          JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Uh oh.......I don't know what you're talking about. No land.....and if it was it would be VERY expensive. I have been to Rusty's hometown and land is real cheap out there! :D
            Guess you don't want a convict living next door :D
            I missed bidding on 40+ acres last month up Gap Creek Rd...right next to my FIL.
            Was an unpaid tax auction...went for under 20k but the owner has a year to pay the taxes...has to pay the buyer 6% interest if he does though...that's better than the bank!

Comment

I'd like to trade my F250 SD XLT in on one of these.......anybody got one they're not using at the moment?

"I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Nah..had one once...resale value sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by snal View Post
                  Guess you don't want a convict living next door :D
                  I missed bidding on 40+ acres last month up Gap Creek Rd...right next to my FIL.
                  Was an unpaid tax auction...went for under 20k but the owner has a year to pay the taxes...has to pay the buyer 6% interest if he does though...that's better than the bank!
                  Having a convict next door isn't as bad as a neighbor eating deer off of your front porch!

What a deal on the land. I know you're sick you missed it. Maybe we could run him off? :cool:

Man your pic is HUGE! I thot my screen had screwed up at first!
                  Last edited by lazer128; 01-27-2009, 10:43 PM.
                  JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Can leap traffic jams in a single bound. :D
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is mine till I go taller.

I can climb over rocks and Honda Civics and go through mud so I think im covered if shtf.

Comment

Hey CWCONNERTX, If you can find you some dynnema fabric you can bullet proof your BOV and this stuff is very light. My company has designed 6 plants that make this stuff in greenville NC. DYNNEMA is half the weight of carbon fiber BUT has twice the bullet stopping power. If you buy a new BMW with the balistics package you will get Dynnema glued to the inside of the doors.
                        The only drawback to this product is it will seperate near high heat so you can not let it near you exhaust pipe.

Now for the problem, this product is being bought up faster than the plant's can make it. One other side product from this Dynnema is a fishing line called spyder wire, I do not know if they still make the fishing line it is too hard to cut.

I watched these guys shoot a double layer of this fabric with a M-16 and the bullet did not show any sign of penetration and the thickness of the material was like a piece of canvas. its good stuff, if you can find it, I am afraid to ask anyone here to get me some it might be looked at as graft or a kickback or payoff and I would be fired. I have been to plant several times doing inspections and walk downs.

Comment

Having a convict next door isn't as bad as a neighbor eating deer off of your front porch!

What a deal on the land. I know you're sick you missed it. Maybe we could run him off? :cool:

Man your pic is HUGE! I thot my screen had screwed up at first!
                          I know it's big, but I figured if any page oughtta be stretched by a pic....it should be a pic of a friggin' TANK!!!!!

YEAH, BABY!!!!

*Vroom, vroom, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREECH!!!! BOOM!!!!*
                          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

I know a guy that lives in eastern NC that may be able to hook you up!
                            ~Lyon~

Comment

Originally posted by BARRACUDABILLY View Post
                              Hey CWCONNERTX, If you can find you some dynnema fabric you can bullet proof your BOV and this stuff is very light. My company has designed 6 plants that make this stuff in greenville NC. DYNNEMA is half the weight of carbon fiber BUT has twice the bullet stopping power. If you buy a new BMW with the balistics package you will get Dynnema glued to the inside of the doors.
                              The only drawback to this product is it will seperate near high heat so you can not let it near you exhaust pipe.

Now for the problem, this product is being bought up faster than the plant's can make it. One other side product from this Dynnema is a fishing line called spyder wire, I do not know if they still make the fishing line it is too hard to cut.

I watched these guys shoot a double layer of this fabric with a M-16 and the bullet did not show any sign of penetration and the thickness of the material was like a piece of canvas. its good stuff, if you can find it, I am afraid to ask anyone here to get me some it might be looked at as graft or a kickback or payoff and I would be fired. I have been to plant several times doing inspections and walk downs.
                              Yes, given unlimited budget and serious wieght concerns dyneema would be high on the list. Very sexy stuff and expensive.

Since the vehicle I have can take the weight, I can get the same results with HDPE (also sensitive to heat) with a little higher weight but less than 1/4 of the cost based on what I can find.

The skin of the vehicle is approximately 3/16 aluminum, which will be backed by a radiant barrier and styrofoam insulation, then potentially the HDPE, and covered with 3/8 inch plywood. The largest expense would be adding protection for the glass, the most appropriate materials would all run at $3000 for the glass. None of this will happen until I have more basic preps finished, like additional water and food storage and maybe surviellence for the house.

Of course balistic testing will be fun. I get to use those engineering skills I paid the big bucks for.
                              My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Saw.... I have one you can have... keep it in the backyard...
                                LOL :)

I drive an 88' f250 with a 1970 5th wheel camper.. thats my bug out...

a lot of us drive fords.... such good taste here (i have two blue ovals and want to get a 3rd)
                                :D If you weren't prepared, then doom on you. (doom on you, doom on you) - Ice Age

Comment

Working...
                                X