Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the gas prices in your area...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2.59 in Mid Tennessee
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Man running $3.55 for 87 here... FJB!!
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
        Man running $3.55 for 87 here... FJB!!
        Let's go Brandon...

What does Let's go Brandon mean?
        The phrase "Let's go Brandon" is referring to a viral video of the NASCAR Racer.

In the video, the crowd behind him is chanting "f*** Joe Biden" however, the NBC reporter is claiming the chant is "let's go Brandon," which has since been referred to as a form of damage control.
        Across the country, multiple sporting events have had large crowds chanting "f*** Joe Biden" in protest of his presidency.

Following the viral video, people have been creating different memes with the phrase "Let's go Brandon," and posting them all over social media.
        https://www.the-sun.com/news/3849893...don-meme-mean/

Let’s go, Brandon! — the backstory
        A Let’s go, Brandon song even went viral on TikTok in recent days, garnering tens of thousands of likes (more on that in a moment). If you haven’t come across this phrase yet for whatever reason, however, we’ll break down the backstory below. Basically, this catchphrase, hashtag, whatever you want to call it — it’s 2021’s version of that viral clip from last year of a CNN reporter insisting to viewers that protests taking place in the frame behind him were peaceful (even though a building was clearly on fire).

This whole thing got started earlier this month, at the Talladega Superspeedway. Brandon Brown had just won a NASCAR race. And sportscaster Kelli Stavast at one point commented during an interview with Brown afterward how the crowd seemed to be chanting in his honor: ‘Let’s go, Brandon!”

Unfortunately, that’s not actually what they were chanting. Not even close. The crowd was very clearly addressing President Biden, not Brandon. Only, with an f-bomb in front of his name instead of “Let’s go!”

Needless to say, this phrase’s virality was assured pretty much from the get-go. Another common usage of this catchphrase since then has been to attach it to news that makes the president look bad. For example — The economy is in the dumps, you say? Well, let’s go, Brandon! Matter of fact, these phrase has even made it into the halls of Congress.

On Thursday, Florida Republican House member Bill Posey ended a speech blasting President Biden’s Build Back Better plan. Americans, he said, want Democrats to “put America back where you found it and leave it the hell alone. Let’s go, Brandon!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...net/ar-AAPoMt1

I avoid the use of profanity; however, Let's go Brandon is more PC.. ROFL It isn't political; it is freedom of speech and it's funny.

Comment

Update Oct 25, 2021. N.E. Florida $3.27 no end in sight!

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
            Update Oct 25, 2021. N.E. Florida $3.27 no end in sight!
            Perhaps they are trying to convince us to buy an electric car?

Comment

Originally posted by Tugaloo View Post

Perhaps they are trying to convince us to buy an electric car?
              They never bother to do the math to figure out how they are going to charge all those electric cars. Oh sure they talk about turbines and solar panels but we'll have to cover over half the country with panels to do it and they got their heads to far up their butts to look at building new nuclear plants if they don't like coal. the funny part is they won't let any companies build new state of the art coal plants that would reduce emissions but they let those companies sell them to China.I grew up in coal country and I'm not gonna lie, strip jobs are ugly things but underground mines still have lots of coal available to make lots of cheap efficient power and if the bureaucrats wouldn't stand in the way we could have state of the art clean plants to burn it. On top of that I recall a function stacking research project years ago in AZ, I think I posted on it hear years back. They incorporated CO2 scrubbers into the stacks that trapped it into water that was then piped to an algea solar farm where the algae consumed it and grew. then every so often the algea was harvested and converted into bio diesel. But the govt decided to back a little company by the name or Solyndra about that time, choosing solar and inefficient ethanol to be the winners as that's what made the people in the house and Senate on both sides of the aisle the most money.

Comment

They never bother to do the math to figure out how they are going to charge all those electric cars. Oh sure they talk about turbines and solar panels but we'll have to cover over half the country with panels to do it and they got their heads to far up their butts to look at building new nuclear plants if they don't like coal. the funny part is they won't let any companies build new state of the art coal plants that would reduce emissions but they let those companies sell them to China.I grew up in coal country and I'm not gonna lie, strip jobs are ugly things but underground mines still have lots of coal available to make lots of cheap efficient power and if the bureaucrats wouldn't stand in the way we could have state of the art clean plants to burn it. On top of that I recall a function stacking research project years ago in AZ, I think I posted on it hear years back. They incorporated CO2 scrubbers into the stacks that trapped it into water that was then piped to an algea solar farm where the algae consumed it and grew. then every so often the algea was harvested and converted into bio diesel. But the govt decided to back a little company by the name or Solyndra about that time, choosing solar and inefficient ethanol to be the winners as that's what made the people in the house and Senate on both sides of the aisle the most money.
                All they know is talk. I'm a gearhead type and subscribe to Hemmings "Muscle Machines." They were given and electric AWD Mustang and a charger comes with the car. The author plugged it in overnight and it charged 20%. Turn off the AWD and its range is 277 miles unless one owns a level II charger. However, there is another problem. There is a standard for everything except battery cars. A local Chevy dealer's service manager I know from church said they took a Chevy Volt to a Ford dealer to recharge it and the receptacle was different. There isn't a SAE standard, so do what ya want.

Coal? Well, as solar and wind can't satisfy the needs for electricity, guess what?
                https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...oal/ar-AAPq8bc

As wind and solar aren't cutting it. So, how about nuclear? Nah. what do we do with the waste? And, what do we do with millions of vehicles that require gas or diesel? I know junk them and buy electric.
                The insane are running the asylum.

It appears to be same as when the first cars hit the road, there wasn't enough gas stations..
                On TV, we watched a guy plug his electric car in to be charged; OTOH, no one mentions how long he will sit there waiting for the battery to be recharged.

Inefficient ethanol? Well it is i
                nefficient and it cuts down production of corn that we eat.

As Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does." Lets go Brandon!

Comment

Originally posted by Tugaloo View Post

All they know is talk. I'm a gearhead type and subscribe to Hemmings "Muscle Machines." They were given and electric AWD Mustang and a charger comes with the car. The author plugged it in overnight and it charged 20%. Turn off the AWD and its range is 277 miles unless one owns a level II charger. However, there is another problem. There is a standard for everything except battery cars. A local Chevy dealer's service manager I know from church said they took a Chevy Volt to a Ford dealer to recharge it and the receptacle was different. There isn't a SAE standard, so do what ya want.

Coal? Well, as solar and wind can't satisfy the needs for electricity, guess what?
                  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...oal/ar-AAPq8bc

As wind and solar aren't cutting it. So, how about nuclear? Nah. what do we do with the waste? And, what do we do with millions of vehicles that require gas or diesel? I know junk them and buy electric.
                  The insane are running the asylum.

It appears to be same as when the first cars hit the road, there wasn't enough gas stations..
                  On TV, we watched a guy plug his electric car in to be charged; OTOH, no one mentions how long he will sit there waiting for the battery to be recharged.

Inefficient ethanol? Well it is i
                  nefficient and it cuts down production of corn that we eat.

As Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does." Lets go Brandon!

Well on the gear head side then you know what that ethanol sugar water does to engines and fuel systems and it also produces lower mpg than straight up gas. As for cutting into food production, ethanol might be a better use for all that GMO/ Round-Up ready corn than it is as human or animal feed

As to the nuclear side of the coin, remember our newest reactors in this country are based on late 70's, maybe early 80's tech. There are things like thorium reactors that are much safer and don't produce the amounts of things like plutonium.

On the EV plugs, there are a few they are pushing to make common on cars though Tesla has a proprietary one. The next main one is the J1772 plug which is on the Rivian's and several of the Big 3 and new domestic vehicles. Some of those also have adapters to help mate plugs to chargers. Does anyone know if EV owners even pay to charge their cars, other than if at home? To my knowledge I think so far it might be free for them but I'd love to know if it they do how it's billed and at what rate. I love the States that have been pushing EV's now started realizing they're loosing 'revenue' from fuel taxes so they started pushing to tax on the miles people drive a year. Hmmm think they'll repeal the gas taxes for those buying gas and paying mileage taxes?

Comment

$3.19 for ethanol regular here in NE Georgia. Real gas is about 15 cents higher.

As many of their components are not rated for it; ethanol gas is not good for older engines. The short form is ethanol is corrosive to many engine components unless the vehicle is 2008 or newer and rated for FFV.

Well on the gear head side then you know what that ethanol sugar water does to engines and fuel systems and it also produces lower mpg than straight up gas. As for cutting into food production, ethanol might be a better use for all that GMO/ Round-Up ready corn than it is as human or animal feed

As to the nuclear side of the coin, remember our newest reactors in this country are based on late 70's, maybe early 80's tech. There are things like thorium reactors that are much safer and don't produce the amounts of things like plutonium.

On the EV plugs, there are a few they are pushing to make common on cars though Tesla has a proprietary one. The next main one is the J1772 plug which is on the Rivian's and several of the Big 3 and new domestic vehicles. Some of those also have adapters to help mate plugs to chargers. Does anyone know if EV owners even pay to charge their cars, other than if at home? To my knowledge I think so far it might be free for them but I'd love to know if it they do how it's billed and at what rate. I love the States that have been pushing EV's now started realizing they're loosing 'revenue' from fuel taxes so they started pushing to tax on the miles people drive a year. Hmmm think they'll repeal the gas taxes for those buying gas and paying mileage taxes?
                    Alcohol has less energy or BTUs than raw gas. Add, it jams up the fuel rails. High pressure air can blow it out, but why?
                    As it can be setup to put serious power at the rear tires; E85 is a different subject. That is if and it is a big if it it is available where one lives.
                    Personally, I'd stick with methanol injection. Anything to cool the charge air.

There isn't a SAE standard for EV plugs and I don't know if the adapters are UL rated. The J1772 is an adapter for Tesla vehicles and one comes with every Tesla vehicle.
                    A bud owns a Chrysler Crossfire. Instead of an OBD 2 port, it has a DIN plug to communicate with the system.

Here, the owner of the local Ford dealership also owns the local Chevy dealer ship. As the Ford dealer has a Level II charger they took a Volt there to charge it and they needed an adapter which they didn't have..
                    As a gear head, I get along right well with the service manager. He's building a turbo Monte Carlo.

All gear heads have credentials unless they are full of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sassy.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	222018
                    A&A supercharger etc. with mid 600s at the rear tires.

I don't know if their recharge is free or not. I've always heard the only free cheese is in a mouse trap and only for the second mouse. ;)
                    Recently, our president bragged one could drive coast to coast for less than a tank of gas.. He didn't add how long it would take for the journey.

I was a mechanical engineer, engines, transmissions, differentials, T-cases and my last 11 years was forced induction systems. I don't know diddley squat about nuclear reactors.

Comment

• $3.09 - $ 3.19 here in Middle TN
                      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

• Meanwhile, our president cancelled the make us independent from imported oil by pipeline with predictable results. Or prices increased. Lets go Brandon!

We grow, harvest, can or freeze a lot of our own vegetables which makes us independent of grocery store prices. The economics of it are simple.

Registror is a fool. He talks about digging a hide and never mentions what he will do with the excavated dirt to avoid detection. His 10 mm thread ignores what the 9mm and 45 ACP accomplished world wars and numerous conflicts.

Comment

• Today in Jacksonville Fl. It is $3.36.09 per gallon. Nov 6 2021.

Comment

• Here in NE Georgia, regular is $3.16.

Our leadership cancelled Trump's pipeline and also the Keystone pipeline. We can expect gas, oil, NG, food and more to go through the roof.

Welcome to inflation and the land of shortages or doing without.

Comment

Working...
                            X