No announcement yet.

Anyone Own other X Mil Vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow diesel you live in north carolina so i am sure you have heard of murphy and or tellico anyway those wonderfull military hummers are junk they might be great on flat land but they are extremely to wide for mtn trails and roads the independent gears is another headache not to mention the shabby ball joint design with the old kaiser and willys style military vehicles parts are alot more readily available at local stores and they do tend to blend alot better than the almighty hummer
    the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

They're not mine, and they're not actually military but close.

My father's 46 Willys CJ2A and 48 Dodge B1PW Power Wagon.

Here's the power wagon when we bought it. The snow plow and graphics have been removed.

I have a 48 Willys, but it's in a million pieces right now. So here's my wife's KJ with Dad's Willys in the background. It's been many places that many people said it couldn't go.

Tony

Comment

that power wagon is sweet
        WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Diesel i did not mean to rant on you last night Its just you always hear abut how great a hummer is.well they might be great for flat land combat but they won't stand a chance in the mtns of tennessee or nc or the ky state for that matter so i appologize for ranting

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
            a military jeep is in no way shape or form even remotely on the same planet as a hmmwv, hmmwv's are far more capable, ground clearance wise, approach and departure wise, and due to having 4 independant geared hubs, not to mention a host of other things.
            The Basic design of the Hmmwv can from an old military jeep. (Not actually a Jeep) The M151A1 "The Mutt" The suspension and the way that the transmission is up inside the vehicle to provide ground clearance. Check them out. Very capable little machine, and can almost fit in the back of a truck.
            ~Lyon~

Comment

I've driven the m151 back when it was still in service, yes it is very capable, but the 4 wheel independent suspension could be dangerous on hills due to the light weight of the vehicle. It just requires common sense. Hummers came out and I operated them as well, those things were very impressive, we tried to stick them and couldn't. That was well before the up-armoured versions. It's a different story now. The Hummer just seemed to have alot of wasted space, so wide, but only room for two up front.

Comment

hahaha yes thank you jeep good hummer only good in back seat hahahahah

Comment

I have a small collection going -

M715
                  M38A1 - that will finish getting restored when we get moved in May
                  M221 - '52 GMC deuce tractor - Oddball rig, but I love this thing Just needs a new paint job as FEMA painted it white. Plus i'll be putting a bed from an
                  M211 on it.
                  M103A3 - Generator flatbed trailer

Comment

I have an M1009 Military ChevBlazer I use on my deer lease and I'm building a M998 military hummer (very slowly lol).

Comment

Originally posted by hammer502 View Post
                      i'm looking for an m715 chassis to fit a cummins 6bt engine into(the 12 valve model).in my humble opinion this would be about bullet proof for a reasonably fast escape.
                      Second on the M715 body/chasis with a strong turbo diesel engine swap.

Comment

All the logging companies around here snap them up, kind of hard to get........always wanted one though
                        All that is gold does not glitter, nor all who wander are lost

Comment

does anyone know of or have plans for a camper conversion of an M-100 ammo"jeep" trailer? I have had one given to me and want to convert it as soon as I can to my family's bug out trailer to keep stocked and and ready to go in the garage at all times. "out of sight out of mind" from the neighbors, eternal borrowers etc... all help is welcome. This will enable me to pull it to our mountain land behind my jeep.

Comment

I'm lookin at buyin a DUCK. Needs "some" work. Anyone know where to get parts cheap.
                            G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMountainMan View Post
                              I'm lookin at buyin a DUCK. Needs "some" work. Anyone know where to get parts cheap.
                              Cheap DUKW parts? Not gonna happen. Some of the common parts that are the same as CCKW are relatively inexpensive, but the DUKW specific parts are pricy, and rare. Historic military vehicles aren't a cheap hobby to get into, especially if you have someone else work on them.

Comment

The fire dept I'm on has 2 6X6 Duce trucks. Both were given to us by the forestry service. The are awesome trucks. One has a PTO winch on the front that can pull a house. You are right they can run on about any kind of fuel. They aren't real fast but are very strong. During some bad storms the creeks were up and swept some vehicles away. We were able to drive through those creeks to get to and rescue the people. In 6 wheel drive we are able to drive through mud that swallows other 4x4 and mud trucks. They can be purchased in this area in running condition for about 5k. I'd like to get one.
                                A government that can give you everything you need is also strong enough to take it away!

Comment

Working...
                                X