Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    How about a 1986 Red Ford?
    If it was a good ole' red stepside Chevy like in Red Dawn I would be perfect but as this is a Ford.....yeah, I think it is good enough for our purposes!

Comment

It would make good target practice for molotov cocktails.

Comment

I have found the ultimate bug out vehicle....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Mili...3A1|240%3A1318

A bloody Scorpion Light Tank

Comment

In College Station, Texas! Dear lord someone buy it so it doesn't fall into the hands of an Aggie, lol. I can just see the rampage after King O. is crowned next week.

Comment

i like it!
            WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

I owned one as a child, it was part of my 'Matchbox car Collection'. 7 years ago I was out looking at horses near Corvalis, OR and saw a Brit armoured car parked in a driveway. Not a Scorpian, but a Foxhound, 4X4? What you really want is a soviet MBVT(?) (the large 8 wheel drive APC with lead shielding and ABC filters, I think it is amphibious as well).
              Last edited by kenno; 10-29-2008, 04:33 PM.
              The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

But it is Brit!!! Nothing against the Brits, but their mechanical history is not too good. In fact, if you think about it, their crowning glory the Jaguar, was a piece of crap before Ford Motor Company bought them out.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Brit auto that a GMC suspension,V-8 and drive train, AND a complete re-wire will not fix

Comment

Being the unfortunate former owner of TWO British auto's...yes, including the Jaguar in my younger days....I must admit the criticisms to be true. I will say though that the Jaguar engines were a thing of beauty. Handling was also lovely with a grace no German auto could come close to providing.

The abomination that Ford has produced is all the ugly without any of the grace. Give me a '60s XKE convertible any day.

Comment

Originally posted by das View Post
                      Being the unfortunate former owner of TWO British auto's...yes, including the Jaguar in my younger days....I must admit the criticisms to be true. I will say though that the Jaguar engines were a thing of beauty. Handling was also lovely with a grace no German auto could come close to providing.

The abomination that Ford has produced is all the ugly without any of the grace. Give me a '60s XKE convertible any day.
                      My last foreign auto was a 1980 Mercedes 300CD. That had the longstanding 3 litre turbo diesel, was a 2 door coupe and had no top end. It would handle as well at 140 as it did at 65. Not that I would EVER violate a speed limit mind you.

I finally hit 380k on it and donated it to the Dallas CAN acadamy for the tax write off. You do not hear of the old Jags doing that.

I do agree the old Jags looked pretty nice.

Comment

I drove a XJ12 sedan in the 1970's. The 6 Webber carborators were a true nuisance untill I met an ex-RAF piston engine mechanic. It took that guy 30 minutes to tune that car by ear, what a beauty, at idle you could not sense that the motor was running! The car drove great, but I had to take it back for a tune-up every 6 months!

Comment

The XJ spun up like a jet engine and the sound of the engine is still in my dreams. I had the fuel injection 1985 version and will admit it worked exactly as advertised with the ladies. ;-)

Comment

The way to go is amphibious APC. The Alvis Stalwart is a great one. The problem with these big military vehicles is they cant get out of their own way. If you have to didi mow through some woods that 5 ton or duece 1/2 not going to make it far, not because its not capable but because its too big. The same thing can be said for certain APC's. I have been searching for the perfect vehicle for a couple weeks now and I have found that the best bet besides a amphib APC (heavy, maintenance nightmare) is a Land Rover Defender 110, Volvo c303, Unimog, HMMWV, or similar vehicle. They have to have snorkle deep water fording kit, the works. I have also looked into Hannible roof top tent for these vehicles. Neat stuff

Comment

i'm looking for an m715 chassis to fit a cummins 6bt engine into(the 12 valve model).in my humble opinion this would be about bullet proof for a reasonably fast escape.

Comment

I would think that there would be a bunch of 715's out there. I did not like the ride as well as the M-37 which (if memory serves) had a longer suspension travel. But the 715 was a stout chasis. I am sure you can find the 715 through a google search.

Comment

Working...
                                X