Dancing in the Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snow Walker View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot...on a forum like this where you have a mixture of civilian and military I see no reason to try and build myself up acting like a SF trooper. I guess you could say I like talking on a more even keel.

Another reason I don't take your post personally is I've noticed other posts you've had in which you come off the same way. Someday your rather outbursting personality will be your undoing. You see...survival is more psychological then anything else or didn't they teach you that in the service? Keep calm and you will live to see another day.

There are other forums which are far more hardcore if this one doesn't meet your standards, or wouldn't they put up with your attitude there and see right through you? hmmmmmm
    None of this warrants a response, but two posts and a PM, guess you did take it personal.

Long Hunter
    RLTW!

Comment

personally I dont like a lot of light during the night, not at home and not camping.

but.. when I was in, the only lights we used at night when not wanting to broadcast our position was red lights. I dont know about blue and green. we never used those.

Red light is dang hard to spot from more than ten feet unless your using a spot light and flashing it around.

but Im one of the lucky ones, i have a weird stigmatism that gives me great night vision LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Long_Hunter View Post
        None of this warrants a response, but two posts and a PM, guess you did take it personal.

Long Hunter
        RLTW!
        Sorry to pop your bubble, I just like to think about things a little sometimes rather then just blow alot of hot air. By the way...What was the last thing I said in the PM I sent to you? hmmmmm...Did it say, "if you ever need someone to talk to drop me a line?"

I thought so, but of course you wouldn't mention that on the open forum now would you.

Comment

http://www.survivalmagazine.org/surv...mp-Regulations
          Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by TennOutdoors View Post
            but.. when I was in, the only lights we used at night when not wanting to broadcast our position was red lights. I dont know about blue and green. we never used those.

but Im one of the lucky ones, i have a weird stigmatism that gives me great night vision LOL
            I also see very well at night. SO thinks I'm nuts when I say the nightlight down the hall is like a beacon to me. The green light is for map reading in the dark, the red they use for roads doesn't disappear like it does when using red lights.
            "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
              I also see very well at night. SO thinks I'm nuts when I say the nightlight down the hall is like a beacon to me. The green light is for map reading in the dark, the red they use for roads doesn't disappear like it does when using red lights.
              When I was in the service and still to this day they have what are called red light readable maps. Not sure if that has changed, but for all practical purposes for most people they might be hard to find.

Comment

It was a myth that patches were worn by pirates to preserve one eye for night fighting.

Pirates wore eyepatches to preserve night vision in one eye.
                PLAUSIBLE
                This myth works under the assumption that the eye covered with the eyepatch is already accustomed to low light conditions, while the other eye must take time to accustom. The Mythbusters were sent into a dark room with light-accustomed eyes and were told to complete certain objectives. Their movements were hampered by the darkness and it took them five minutes to finish. When they went into a rearranged but equally dark room with an eye that was covered for thirty minutes, the Mythbusters were able to complete the test in a fraction of the time. As a control test, the Mythbusters then went back into the same exact room with light-accustomed eyes and ran into the same difficulty as the first test. The myth was deemed plausible because there is no recorded historical precedent for this myth.
                How Do You Like Me Now

Comment

Working...
                X