Clear All

• Buggyout
    replied
    I'm just too darn good looking! :cool:

Leave a comment:

• Oscar Wilde
    replied
    Originally posted by jamalc6996 View Post
    .... I will do whatever it takes to survive.
    Improvise, adapt, and overcome. Welcome to the forum Jamal.

O.W.

Leave a comment:

• jamalc6996
    replied
    Its my abilities due to my disabilities. I am limited on what I can physically do. I have read many survival books but, putting the info into action will be the difficult part. I think that when tshtf, I might surprise myself. I will do whatever it takes to survive.

Leave a comment:

• myakka
    replied
    I realized today that I have become to dependent on my hunting buddies. I set a goal this week to kill a hog and practice canning with the meat. But I have skipped two good days because my one friend didnt show up. When did I become a 17yr old girl that needs her bff to go to the toilet with her?
    Tomorrow I am going hunting. period.

Leave a comment:

• stairman
    replied
    My biggest weakness is telling everybody what my weaknesses are. Just kidding! Id say flintknapping and pretty women.:)

Leave a comment:

• DocWalt81
    replied
    Biggest weakness right now is its just me and my cat. He may have the guts to attack a police dog but he's still a kitty, but no way I could leave/ put him down

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    Time, age and total and utter lack of family participation. The glucosamine helps,but I can't run like I did when I was 40. I do need to brush up on wild edibles, maybe after I get the garden in and the shed cleaned. Plan your work and work your plan. It only gets overwhelming.if you don't. Vinnie

Leave a comment:

• dakotasdad
    replied
    My biggest weakness is wild edibles. I'm taking steps to remedy that deficiency.

Leave a comment:

• RICHFL
    replied
    I have the experience need to survive, but with experience come age - I'm now in my mid 50's; with age comes health concerns - you cannot act like an 18 year old, and expect to get up next day and not feel it! So I have slowed down, found that I need to use mechanical aids to move heavy items, and I need to be careful, since now I do not want to injure my self, since it takes more time to heal then I can afford.

Leave a comment:

• MGF
    replied
    My wife is the wild edible "expert" and I'm the hunter. I'm trying to get better with the plants.

I love wilderness self reliance as a hobby but I don't know how much of that would be involved in a real shtf scenario other than some natural disaster...probably short term?

Anyway, I like surviving in the wilderness but I find surviving as a slave or pet under the thumb of this overbearing government difficult.
    Last edited by MGF; 02-23-2012, 05:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• livewire
    replied
    some of mine are , never hunted in my entire life, have no tactical experience, wilderness skills, and i find it difficult to remind myself to learn these things, i need to stop building machines and start building me

Leave a comment:

• computerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Hand View Post
    Plant ID that was ex-wife's job, I trap, hunt, fish and make tipis. New GF is about worthless in a survival situation more like an anchor than help. She hates everything I do won't even camp in the 22ft tipi or the new 18ft tipi.
    Brother, can I relate! My LGF (Liberal Girl Friend) and I have gardening, camping, and music in common. That's it! And she thinks survivalists are paranoid. I just smile and keep on keeping on. I guess she spent too many years in Houston, LA, and NYC with the artsy, fartsy crowd. We will see what Obama, Oprah, and Molly Ivins do for her when the stores are empty and the electricity is off.

Oh yeah, weaknesses: Primitive fire making and choosing girl friends. :) I've been working on the fire making but still need practice.

Leave a comment:

• Flip4ford
    replied
    My weakness in a survival situation would be my wife and daughter. My wife thinks "camping" is Motel 6 or any place that doesn't have room service. My daughter is 3 and is hard to watch sometimes. Me personally I get big plans then don't follow through I loose interest to fast.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Hand
    replied
    Plant ID that was ex-wife's job, I trap, hunt, fish and make tipis. New GF is about worthless in a survival situation more like an anchor than help. She hates everything I do won't even camp in the 22ft tipi or the new 18ft tipi.

Leave a comment:

• Jamie
    replied
    My weakness? I'm too nice. In a bad situation, I will have to put myself first. That will be a challenge for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X