No announcement yet.

Tricks of the Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use silicone lube. for my fishing reels. Lubes them up and keeps dirt and trash from sticking. Also if you do any salt water fishing keeps salt from messing up reels by corrosion(as bad). I also use it to lube up the barrel(outside) and slide rails on my guns.

Comment

great post about wd-40

Comment

Weatherproof sleeping bag liner.
        I took 2 6x8 tarps and weaved them together on 3 sides with paracord and duct taped the edges then turn it inside out and duct tape the edges again for a weatherproof seal. Leave the corner grommets exposed so you can stake it down. Put your sleeping bag inside and crawl in for maximum comfort. This can be used to keep anything dry that will fit inside. I am thinking I could use a shortened tent pole to prop the front open to let in the heat from a fire.
        SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

I generally wear long underwear so as not to be cold in the winter. This avoids the temptation to want to camp to close to the open fire. In a SHTF environment were safety and security are at stake you will have to have a cold camp which means no fire. Might as well get used to it now. " As you train so shall you fight".

Comment

One thing i learned as a kid that helps in all cold environments is put a pair of dress socks on then put on a normal pair of socks and that will keep your feet toasty.

Comment

Take a nylon net dish scrubbie and put in your canteen to lessen the noise of water sloshing when trying to move like a ghost.

Comment

heres something similar take 2 space blankets (they are made of mylar and are waterproof) open one up and place a ton of dry leaves on it then take the second space blanket and lay it on top of the leaves lie on one edge of it grabbing the edges and roll like a burrito instant sleeping bag and shelter also you can be seen from the air due to the shiny mylar.
                Survival is not the art of living it's the art of existing

Comment

Working...
                X