No announcement yet.

Sustainable Community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our growing group has "pre-qualification" means in place plan and simple. Like they must reside within a certain radius. Have all the provided “to do” list completed and confirmed. Have an on going relationship with all of us.

Once a couple has been cleared by us as having the needed mind set, drive and financial ability to full fill their obligations in a short period of time. It takes coin to do this game we post about and we aren’t waiting for others to figure out how they intend on doing it. Once on the road to completing their preparation mission we allow them to email/meet or communicate with others. This builds trust. We have them set up a time table to get done and relocate if needed to a closer home of their own. All must be within a half days drive. Period. Otherwise their gear is mostly stored here and if they never show up... we divide it up during the lock down.

We don’t waste our time with people with tents... :-0... hard shelled RVs only. The grizzlies and wolves will eat them in their tents.... munch munch munch

We don’t waste time with talkers...

We don’t waste time with people with the financial inability to fully prep.

We have a limited number of positions in the “life boat” here and women and children first BS doesn’t fly here. We want strong people who can row and carry their own weight plus some. Now we do have women and children but not because they are being rescued...they have pre-qualified like the guys and us as well.

Everything we require from others has first been done or acquired by us. We lead by example not by talk about doing it soon.

We are open to all suggestions from those on board. The leaders within the group will weigh all thoughts. Applied wisdom.... We work as a group in one accord and with one purpose. To survive long enough to be able to leave when the dust settles.

Comment

Prepping is the hardest thing one will ever do. Our family just made the huge jump from Texas (aka Mexico) to Idaho. That was step one. Step two is farther north. But it does take money. Our move wiped us out and now we regroup for the next step. So much to do. Our can of heirloom seeds and various camp gear ain't gonna cut it. We move forward and hope God gives us the time we need to get ready and be among those who have seen the same future.

Comment

Good posts all. I recommend the recent movie Defiance, which is a true story. Let my son watch it to give him an idea of what it was like and could be like in a similar situation these days. Lack of food and too many mouths to feed, etc. I agree it's difficult to find the 'right' fit in people you may be considering in toughing things out with. I as a graduate of the S.E.A.R program of the Air Force here in Washington, I know my abilities and those close to me. Although there are family members who live in the cities of the populated Western Washington, to them survival is their flashlight on the hearth and the bag of chips and 3 huge full meals a day along with snacks. They are not prepared, will never be and do not have the knowledge or mentality to survive in harsh times when electricity is gone for instance. Sorry, family or not, I prepare for my immediate family of 4. I have 2 well trained military Special Ops buddies who are similary skilled and minded. We are developing plans for the wild wilderness of the Cascades. Good place to get lost and not be found. I love my external family but they are not preppers and I doubt will never be. Its harsh but external family members will not sacrifice the safety and prepardeness of my immediate family. Some of these relatives go 60 miles away from their city home and think its a vacation. After all what are 7-11 stores and the local supermarket for? Beer and Pretzels for days. I live on my own planet here teaching my son everything i know and we will be ready. Agreed with the comment that some folks just are not prepared in their head to rough it. The fantasy of pitching a tent and living off the land lasts probably a mere 24 hours and then the whining would start about EVERYTHING.

Comment

Ahhh dumkoff, its the S.E.R.E program. Good course, but the need to keep it in Washington state for wilderness, jungle, desert and all just wasn't realistic enough for me. I had the home course advantage in all the training. I recommend any type of training like this in the area you will be bugging out to. Don't waste time on studying survival at sea if your going to make a stand in Nebraska for instance. Know your fauna, animals, etc etc. Make a dry run by actually living off the land for a few days to test out your knowledge.

Comment

I personaly have been involved in a few community start ups and seen both fail for different reason's, and for those who know who I am, know that they have been sustainable/defendable communities. It seems that the problem seems to be money and structure there has to bee a group of leaders or the project seems to scatted and fizzle out and conflict always seems to arise. It is a worthy idea and I am always looking for a place that attracts my famliy and I but how do you find these places??? the ones that I have been involved in you would never find on google. In a way these forums are the number one resource to teach the individual or a small unit, because I believe that if you promote a community in todays time they will be the first people that are persecuted now matter how good there intentions are. I am 100% more prepared that I was 1 year ago to feed and shelter my family, and hope that others are doing the same

Xolar
            Watch this!!

Comment

Buddamomma posted a link the the intentional communities around the country.;)
              I think you need a list of reguirements on what you are looking for. There are all different kinds of set ups out there. Staying on these boards might be another way to find a community. One thing to remember is that it's a give and take situation and someone had to pay out to get the land to start it with. Like Rancher said, he demands that everyone be on the same page with preps and be able to prove it. In returns, he has a location and is prepared to share the work and the bounty if something happens. It's not a free ride.
              Some places have harsh rules, some places have no rules. It's a case of he who has the ball, makes the game. If you are financially able to, get an extra hundred acres when you buy a place and start inviting people to check it out. In my case, all I have coming so far is family. But they will have rules to follow and since I own the place and they are unprepared, it's both their luck to have a place to go and their tough luck to have been caught unprepared.
              If the shtf, it will not be much of a democracy until things calm down again.

Comment

Nothing worth doing is usually easy. Or quickly done either....

I agree that most attempts to form groups are by people who are looking for others with more.... to hook up with. Thus failure. We developed our location for us and a few of our family and I mean just a few. We also realized it would take more and created the abiliy to take them in. But they must have the money and drive to fill the list of stuff so they all are equal players in that arena. Prepping is not a poormans game...just a fact. Skills vary, physical conditions vary but their supplies all have the same basic entry level. Some have more...none are allowed in with less.

We are not dictators here. I delegated areas of operations to those with the most qualifications and desire to lead. I see myself as being way to busy to keep the ranch running at full speed to have time to oversee anything else.

What are though is deadly serious and have little time for those prepping on or to a lesser level. No problem with that other than our days are full enough without that pointless effort.

We have some top notch members who had the cash flow and drive before we met up. Others have the cash and are catching up. Others have inquired and did not have the cash or drive or desire to attain such a high level of preparations. They had to move on.... this life boat has only so many seats and I intend on filling them with people that can cut it...not women and children first. if you have found a better way to locate the few well prepared please post that here...I would be very interested. But don't put down networking unless you have a beter and proven means to replace it. By the way... 99% of our recruits come from Rawles survival blog site.... none have come from this one and I really don't expect any either.

Comment

Why do you have to muddy up everything you touch? You and your attitude discust me to a sickening level. You are predator in the most discusting way you go to boards and fill it up with your putrid smell. Yes I called you a name. I only wish I could do it to your face.
                  Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
                  {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

Trust would definitely be a major issue with me and mine. How level-headed a person is in bad situations, character, morals, etc. I wonder how that is really tested until a bad situation actually occurs?

Comment

[most attempts to form groups are by people who are looking for others with more.... to hook up with.]

Ah Rancher...your quite the pessimist.....I don't envy you.
                      O.W.
                      Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

[Why do you have to muddy up everything you touch?]

UD?....Deep breath....its muddy for him....no one else. Don't let his misery become yours.
                        O.W.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
                          [Why do you have to muddy up everything you touch?]

UD?....Deep breath....its muddy for him....no one else. Don't let his misery become yours.
                          O.W.
                          Big Sigh! Thanks O.W. for being a rock. You seem to be right on spot every time. He is now gone and I am so glad. It was running me off.
                          Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
                          {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

[It was running me off.]

Nooo! :eek: Don't go....when this all falls apart we're going to have much peskier critters than Rancher to contend with....I hope he stays....some of us need to be toughened up a bit anyway :p.
                            O.W.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
                              [It was running me off.]

Nooo! :eek: Don't go....when this all falls apart we're going to have much peskier critters than Rancher to contend with....I hope he stays....some of us need to be toughened up a bit anyway :p.
                              O.W.
                              That last post of his on the EMP thread sure gave me pause to think. I'm going to lose some sleep over it, that's for sure. :( I don't even know how to begin discussing the turmoil in my mind, which is unusual for me. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post
                                That last post of his on the EMP thread sure gave me pause to think. I'm going to lose some sleep over it, that's for sure. :( I don't even know how to begin discussing the turmoil in my mind, which is unusual for me. :)
                                You just start typing. See what happens. No, you don't have to post it here, just type it out in a WP and see where you end up. You will be surprised.
                                As Zombie Axe would say...
                                "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

Working...
                                X