Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Texas!
    replied
    I just bought 5 acres...down by Pecos...it's flat.....but it'll be excellent for the micro wind turbines I have in mind...mebbe some solar....I really need to decide what kind of structure I'm going to build on it....want to get it built before summer hits...I hate swinging a hammer with sweaty hands....

Leave a comment:

• Jeffro
    replied
    I actually have three in mind. All of which are along or near the Appalachian Trail. One is in the North GA area, one between Clingmans Dome and Boone, and the other in VA. I plan to scout them again late spring or early winter. I also have two friends and their families that we'll meet up with so that we don't have to survive alone. The AT can be easily navigated, and the terrain around it can be developed and defended if TSHTF. But we will be able to move quickly and easily if needed. Each family is already working on learining the terrain, memorizing the maps and the area, and preparing ourselves physically.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Several....in each time zone.....it pays to have buddies....getchya some.
    :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• sd allen
    replied
    Bol

I have several decent locations but one in particular.As a kid stomping through the woods,my brothers and I happend to find this cave.Probably more of a rock outcropping in the mountain right beside a good stream.The area is now a gated community with only foot access.the only real problem is going in the summer as the snakes would have to be cleared out.It has running water and free rent,enough room for forty men. I think I've told too many freinds I would ''bug out''there but they only know its general direction from the roadand have never been there.On the other hand ,someone has.when we found the place 20 years ago there had bee a fire-pit made for cooking and a wall built from the slabs of granite in and around the area. I think I'm gonna try to get back in there before spring. It's a good little hike , maybe 2 miles from the road. We ,as kids left dry wood ,a grill rack and a few means of fire stating.Dang,its been 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Legionnaire
    replied
    I have several BOL's around me. Luckily I live in a very rural area of Northern Cal, google Siskiyou county. Sadly I don't have anything setup up at any of them, but I know the areas well and the resources around them. I have enough gear in my BOB, assuming I can get to it, to last me several months even in the dead of winter here. That would be plenty of time to get the BOL up and running. I chose several spots just in case something goes wrong with one or someone else is already there I can move along with minimal changes to my plans.

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    I know this sounds impossible but I was not happy in Tx.
    After I returned from the service I worked my way through the SW and up north. That was 35 years ago. I have a good place now with lots of survival atributes along with nasty winters to keep the Zombies at bay.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    started a topic Do You Have a BOL

Do You Have a BOL

What kind of BOL do you have?

I'm looking at buying large acreage up north possibly in Maine and putting up a small cabin off grid

What about you?
Working...
X