X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulath
    replied
    My BOL

Here are few pics of my spread. Sorry bout the blurry pics but you can see the basic setup. I just got started on this spot a few months ago and it takes awhile to grub up every stob so I don't pop a tire when driving in. I hope I uploaded correctly. I will be going up there this weekend to do a bit of work and will see if I can get some better ones.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by prairie dog View Post
    I was in another group discussing these topics, and we were discussing locations when I got an email from a guy who said he was a federal agent and was going to investigate me because I'm stockpiling guns and ammo. He said I was an alquada terrorist, so be careful guys on locations and firearms statements. The government is watching and listening.
    I have a home in a very remote area, and unincorperated town of 199 folks, an out of the way place, have my own well, septic tank etc.. However, I'm still caching supplies further out into a national forest just in case someone decides to search homes for firearms, or food.
    Trust me...if a fed wanted to investigate you, he wouldn't bother going all Yahoo! on you...you would never hear from him unless he was able to make hay against you...;)

Leave a comment:

• cudalyon
    replied
    Originally posted by prairie dog View Post
    I was in another group discussing these topics, and we were discussing locations when I got an email from a guy who said he was a federal agent and was going to investigate me because I'm stockpiling guns and ammo. He said I was an alquada terrorist, so be careful guys on locations and firearms statements. The government is watching and listening.
    I have a home in a very remote area, and unincorperated town of 199 folks, an out of the way place, have my own well, septic tank etc.. However, I'm still caching supplies further out into a national forest just in case someone decides to search homes for firearms, or food.

Oh No....Prairie dog led them to us!!!!!:D

Leave a comment:

• prairie dog
    replied
    bol

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    While I've never used the star plates, I have built this style of building for a few clients with conventional methods...I'll tell you one thing: It's a helluva lot sturdier than a conventional frame...all those triangles make for a very rigid frame.

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoo View Post
    I am building into the hill for my main hub, and then having several aboveground structures on posts scattered around. Have some large Pines on the property, and have been considering a treehouse of some sort. Need to get started digging, just cant find an excavator worth a damn! Can't believe the price on the Starplates! Last time I bought them (3 years ago) they were $60 a set shipped. Remember getting them for $45 aswell. Built 3 up in Payson, AZ, and 1 in Scottsdale. They are all still standing! Lived in AZ 13 years.
    Yep, I *think* they were $45-$50/shipped for 5 or more when I got mine...lo those many years ago...

Leave a comment:

• voodoo
    replied
    I am building into the hill for my main hub, and then having several aboveground structures on posts scattered around. Have some large Pines on the property, and have been considering a treehouse of some sort. Need to get started digging, just cant find an excavator worth a damn! Can't believe the price on the Starplates! Last time I bought them (3 years ago) they were $60 a set shipped. Remember getting them for $45 aswell. Built 3 up in Payson, AZ, and 1 in Scottsdale. They are all still standing! Lived in AZ 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoo View Post
    Star Plates are great! Used them several times and have a few sets put away for my next building venture. I've got 5.5 acres near Fort Davis, not flat, actually too steep!
    Can you build platforms into the hillsides? Or is it too steep for even that?

I'm thinking of building 4 of them, 9 ft sides. One will be the "hub" that the others are connected to by short hallways....line the hallways with shelves and cabinets...plenty of storage. One will be kitchen area, 2 will be bedrooms, the other will be bathroom/additional storage...utilized the Home Depot solar shed lights, propane tanks for hot water and cooking....

Leave a comment:

• voodoo
    replied
    Star Plates are great! Used them several times and have a few sets put away for my next building venture. I've got 5.5 acres near Fort Davis, not flat, actually too steep!

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    I'd find a (used) Qounset Hut, excavate a ditch or burm the Hut. The old WW2 Qounsets are quite sturdy.

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    great idea but i wish it didn't look like a dome, ugh
    Not a fan of the "dome" look myself...but when you consider the wind we have out here...I think it's a good idea to let the wind slip around the structure as opposed to slamming into it....

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    great idea but i wish it didn't look like a dome, ugh

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    What did you give for it? Been looking at a small plot (5 acres) South of 20.

I love that comment "its flat". What isn't out here?
    Everything is flat...I wish there was at least a small hill between the property and I-20...it's about 3 miles off the highway...

I picked it up for..hmmm..$4399 cash.
    I'm thinking about picking up a conex for storage, and building a couple of these for a "cabin".

http://www.strombergschickens.com/st...late_index.php

I built one of these for a backyard shed in Phoenix...I figure I can pop up a couple with short walkways in between them...and have a decent little setup for under $2000 and a couple of weekends of work.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post

You got that right! The highest elevation is a highway overpass! :D

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
    I just bought 5 acres...down by Pecos...it's flat.....but it'll be excellent for the micro wind turbines I have in mind...mebbe some solar....I really need to decide what kind of structure I'm going to build on it....want to get it built before summer hits...I hate swinging a hammer with sweaty hands....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X