Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheLastMountainMan
    replied
    My BOL is still a work in progress, Have 10 acres outside of town that butts up to relatives, and freinds properties, have closs to 100 acres total. We have 7 wells, 8 stocked ponds, close to 30 head cattle, chickens, pigs, etc..Looking into putting some of those 12' culverts under ground and capping off for under ground shelter and or storage, if $$$ is affordable. Also in process of designing wind generator and pumps for well. Working also on 1 1/2 acre garden. Clearing for feild of vision, and adding deterents, such as bees, rasberry bushes, fences, barriers etc.

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    Sounds like you better have a good rain water capture system,

Leave a comment:

• desertrat
    replied
    water tables

There are some parts here in west texas where you hit the water table at 75-150 ft. some deeper wells are running 200-300 ft. but down in the areas where lots of these people are searching for land, the water is too salty to do anything with, and some areas like my land down in terlingua, tx the water is around 1,500- 2,000 ft. deep, and I am in a semi-low spot, the higher hills its much deeper, and thats solid rock to have to drill on top of it all. Everybody snagging up land in west, texas I believe will have water issues, yes there are some nice working windmills in the area, but most of the ranchers that own them will shoot you on site now, not to mention how quick they would shoot someone in a fallout situtation. there may be just enough water to take care of basic living needs, drinking, maybe even a bath, but not many places out here can support crops, anybody ever see very many crops growing out here south and west from odessa? I have seen the cantalopes in pecos, but there is no cotton, wheat, or any other cultivated anything out here besided cattle and goats.

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    What is the average depth in the area? over 500'?

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    yes, my question relates to the availability of groundwater in the area, it can be a problem. In some areas the water table is so far down a well isn't feasible.

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    Anyone that is starting new projects like this needs to address water, I have a decent amount of pump installs out there and would reccomend only one pump the Grundfos Sqflex series. These are ac/dc and can run on a variety of voltages if you want more information let me know and I will put it in the power section you can see some I have done at http://www.jtechsolar.com/wellpumping

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
    I just bought 5 acres...down by Pecos...it's flat.....but it'll be excellent for the micro wind turbines I have in mind...mebbe some solar....I really need to decide what kind of structure I'm going to build on it....want to get it built before summer hits...I hate swinging a hammer with sweaty hands....
    I was thinking of something similar, do you have water?

Of the large plots I have looked at that were cheap, it was water that was the problem

Leave a comment:

• sd allen
    replied
    Yippppie!!!:)

Leave a comment:

• cudalyon
    replied
    Just reading this string again, and I miss prairie dog. He was so much fun!

Leave a comment:

• desertrat
    replied
    BOL Locations

I have quite a few different possibilities on my BOL, I have some land far down south in Terlingua, TX. but just like all the land through pecos and west texas, its too dry to do very well. Everybody in West texas that is looking for a BOL out here, needs to keep a few very important things in mind..

THe pecos river, many people are looking to this river for water and possible food. THe main problem here, the pecos is very salty and very few crops grow in salty water/ soil. Second the pecos is a small river, everybody from new mexico heads to red bluff lake for shelter, start using water, and the pecos is likely to go dry, not to mention all the small levies and dams used through the pecos cantalope fields, someone closes those at their flood gates, everybody south of i-20 on the pecos has no water. Not to mention that Golden algae blooms have killed off most of the fish populations from red bluff down to the ozona area.

Everybody headed south needs to watch for those new hostiles headed north out of mexico, we have a crisis here and they will flood our borders.

My plans are to go east, you have to dig too deep for a well in west texas, and a drought would be hard to survive out here in bad situations.. I have both freinds and family with land and ranches from Rankin clear over to south of abilene. THe further east you go the better the water, soil, land, cros, shelter, everything.. My uncles farm is 300 acres, 2 houses, hills, trees, 2 large stock ponds, goats, cattle, horses, birds, crops, and lots of guns.. thats my BOL # UNO.

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    'alquada terrorist'?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by prairie dog View Post
    No I haven't led the jerk to you guys, I have a block on my computer, and I was using a ficticious name and email just in case. The locations were all false just in case also.
    As you're worried, I'll just say good bye, and you will not hear from me again nor have to worry.

Adios

Prarie dog i don't know what the hell u r talking about. But someone was screwing with you. It's a rediculous story, and nobody here cares if feds or anyone else is on this forum with us, many of us share the same basic concerns and there is NOTHING allowed here that would even raise an eye brow. We have strict rules here for a reason. We also have quite a few law enforcement officers who are members of this forum because of the way we run the board.
    So that is the end of that nonsense, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulath View Post
    Here are few pics of my spread. Sorry bout the blurry pics but you can see the basic setup. I just got started on this spot a few months ago and it takes awhile to grub up every stob so I don't pop a tire when driving in. I hope I uploaded correctly. I will be going up there this weekend to do a bit of work and will see if I can get some better ones.
    very cool man nice setup!

Leave a comment:

• prairie dog
    replied
    bol

No I haven't led the jerk to you guys, I have a block on my computer, and I was using a ficticious name and email just in case. The locations were all false just in case also.
    As you're worried, I'll just say good bye, and you will not hear from me again nor have to worry.

Adios

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulath View Post
    Here are few pics of my spread. Sorry bout the blurry pics but you can see the basic setup. I just got started on this spot a few months ago and it takes awhile to grub up every stob so I don't pop a tire when driving in. I hope I uploaded correctly. I will be going up there this weekend to do a bit of work and will see if I can get some better ones.

Nice set up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X