Do You Have a BOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
    I just bought 5 acres...down by Pecos...it's flat.....but it'll be excellent for the micro wind turbines I have in mind...mebbe some solar....I really need to decide what kind of structure I'm going to build on it....want to get it built before summer hits...I hate swinging a hammer with sweaty hands....
    I was thinking of something similar, do you have water?

Of the large plots I have looked at that were cheap, it was water that was the problem
    My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Anyone that is starting new projects like this needs to address water, I have a decent amount of pump installs out there and would reccomend only one pump the Grundfos Sqflex series. These are ac/dc and can run on a variety of voltages if you want more information let me know and I will put it in the power section you can see some I have done at http://www.jtechsolar.com/wellpumping
      Watch this!!

Comment

yes, my question relates to the availability of groundwater in the area, it can be a problem. In some areas the water table is so far down a well isn't feasible.
        My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

What is the average depth in the area? over 500'?
          Watch this!!

Comment

water tables

There are some parts here in west texas where you hit the water table at 75-150 ft. some deeper wells are running 200-300 ft. but down in the areas where lots of these people are searching for land, the water is too salty to do anything with, and some areas like my land down in terlingua, tx the water is around 1,500- 2,000 ft. deep, and I am in a semi-low spot, the higher hills its much deeper, and thats solid rock to have to drill on top of it all. Everybody snagging up land in west, texas I believe will have water issues, yes there are some nice working windmills in the area, but most of the ranchers that own them will shoot you on site now, not to mention how quick they would shoot someone in a fallout situtation. there may be just enough water to take care of basic living needs, drinking, maybe even a bath, but not many places out here can support crops, anybody ever see very many crops growing out here south and west from odessa? I have seen the cantalopes in pecos, but there is no cotton, wheat, or any other cultivated anything out here besided cattle and goats.

Comment

Sounds like you better have a good rain water capture system,
              Watch this!!

Comment

My BOL is still a work in progress, Have 10 acres outside of town that butts up to relatives, and freinds properties, have closs to 100 acres total. We have 7 wells, 8 stocked ponds, close to 30 head cattle, chickens, pigs, etc..Looking into putting some of those 12' culverts under ground and capping off for under ground shelter and or storage, if $$$ is affordable. Also in process of designing wind generator and pumps for well. Working also on 1 1/2 acre garden. Clearing for feild of vision, and adding deterents, such as bees, rasberry bushes, fences, barriers etc.
                G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

These are three nice NC properties and one of them we have called on as it has been advertised for over a year. There are others, but I won't post them, not yet.

Just something to think about... What Diesel said, "Land is Key".

http://www.cherokeerealty.com/cherok...buffalo10.html

http://www.cherokeerealty.com/cherok...squally77.html

http://www.survivalrealty.com/united...orth-carolina/

Comment

Bol

My wife and I have some land in SE Oklahoma, they actually have hills there. Last summer the two of us built a 12'x24' cabin. The cabin has two 8' lofts, one on either end for sleeping area. The down stairs has the living area and a wood burning cook stove with an oven. We drew up the plans on the kitchen table and went from there.
                    There is no power but we are about to install solar panels. Water we get from the local town for now and have a 10' tower with a 300 gallon tank for storage. Later we will build a small dam to create a 2-4 acre lake for future water supply. A couple of pics are attached.... You can build a cabin much cheaper and get more of what you want in it.
                    I have more pictures of each step of the building process and can make copies of the drawings I have made so far.

I will have to post the pictures in the album area. Some pics have been loaded to bgtexas profile/albums
                    Last edited by bgtexas; 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: pictures not added

Comment

This is really sweet! Good job! You're a lucky man to have wife that would help you do this. Great stuff! Good Pics too!
                      Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
                      {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

Nice pad man. It's amazing what a some hardwork can do.. The NC mountains and ocean miss you as well my friend. I spent a month in Texas one week. Not my cup a tea but some people love it there.
                        "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

Texas is a hot location and at times too hot. The land is located in a valley in the hills and stays about 10 degrees cooler. Nothing like around Boone or Cherokee in Mid summer. I am due a visit back east soon. Need to keep in touch with the rest of the family from time to time.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words on the BOL. I will update pictures as the project grows/completes. You mentioned about having a wife to help with this BOL. That may be another good topic ..... How to find a women that can enjoy and help with survival planning. My wife really worked as hard as I did on this cabin. In fact she put the roof on while I carried the supplies up to the roof. She said alot was learned working together. I agree ....I learned that when the two of us work together there is one too many bosses.

Comment

I live in a rural area so I will stay in, but if it's zombies, I'm gonna bug out to the county Jail
                              All that is gold does not glitter, nor all who wander are lost

Comment

It all depneds

Well if all hell is broken loose.. I would go to my job steel window gates and doors, food,water and legal drugs:) if not free i would hike deep in the woods and live there as long as my skills and supplies would last.
                                Honey its just the cats, Put that @#$%ing thing away!

Comment

Working...
                                X