No announcement yet.

Civilization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got three options actually. One, I'll head for the hills. Two, I'll surrender. Three, I'll get my good ol megaphone and shout back at them and engage in word war just to stall for time.

This is a crazy scenario and I surely do hope it doesn't happen because any of the three options above will have me in the losing end!

Comment

I thing I noticed that no one has mentioned! They have fresh gas/diesel! So they must be an organized large city with technology available to support electrical power, chemical works, and at least capable of producing gas/diesel.

I would expect to see a small recon team that would approach peacefully maybe leave some sort of radio equipment to maintain communications when they left. The only thing that a large organized body may need at this point, is food and skilled labor. Both of which a farm community would have.

It they come as you have depicted then they would be met force with force. Remember I now have an M-60 tank available for use on force!. The main gun does not work (But they do not know that). So a show of force should do.

Having soft sided vehicles stopped; facing a 55 ton tank backed by several hundred people armed and practiced in their use should do the trick! Make them leave on foot, and tell them never to return upon pain of death! Follow them for several miles to be sure they leave the area.

Comment

Originally posted by TScott27 View Post
        I've got three options actually. One, I'll head for the hills. Two, I'll surrender. Three, I'll get my good ol megaphone and shout back at them and engage in word war just to stall for time.

This is a crazy scenario and I surely do hope it doesn't happen because any of the three options above will have me in the losing end!
        Option 3 is not what I'd call an acceptable option for a military equipped unit. A sniper of any quality would easily locate you and take the shot without you knowing where he was even at. I personnaly wouldn't go with option 2 either for reasons previously stated.

Dale
        Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Her is what I was talking about. Plan to repaint her nest year! I want to add a large plow to the front for snow removal, keeping roads and trails cleared or just the opposite if needed.Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60A1 USMC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	186774Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60A1 USMC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	186774

Comment

Wanted to bring this back around, if for no other reason than to see RICHFL awesome tank.

Dale
            Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

This was an interesting post. I wonder what some of the new folks think. I would like to hear Hummer's thoughts.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

That is why I have my own M-60A1 tank. It is hard to keep it up maintenance wise but most manuals are now on the internet.

The tank should get the response I would expect. Like get the F&^K off the grass Butt-Hole!!!

Comment

so whats the mileage on that thing about 3 gal to the mile?

Rich, I saw you had mentioned modifying to add a snow or dozer plow or similar. Were you able to make that conversion? I'd be interested to see how it turned out if so. Any other mods you've done over the years?
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I gotta ask, Rich, where do you keep that thing? It's not like it is going to fit well in the driveway, and it probably wouldn't sit to well with the neighbors.
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                      I gotta ask, Rich, where do you keep that thing? It's not like it is going to fit well in the driveway, and it probably wouldn't sit to well with the neighbors.
                      Morgan, If you were the neighbor and had an M60 tank sitting with it's cannon pointed in your direction, would you complain? LOL!
                      Punchline to the joke of "Where do you park your tank..........Anywhere you want! LOL!

RICHFL, I truly can't think of anything legally available that would be a bigger deterrent after TEOTWAWKI than a tank that runs and at least appears fully functional.

Dale

Comment

Working...
                      X