No announcement yet.

Civilization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got three options actually. One, I'll head for the hills. Two, I'll surrender. Three, I'll get my good ol megaphone and shout back at them and engage in word war just to stall for time.

This is a crazy scenario and I surely do hope it doesn't happen because any of the three options above will have me in the losing end!

Comment

I thing I noticed that no one has mentioned! They have fresh gas/diesel! So they must be an organized large city with technology available to support electrical power, chemical works, and at least capable of producing gas/diesel.

I would expect to see a small recon team that would approach peacefully maybe leave some sort of radio equipment to maintain communications when they left. The only thing that a large organized body may need at this point, is food and skilled labor. Both of which a farm community would have.

It they come as you have depicted then they would be met force with force. Remember I now have an M-60 tank available for use on force!. The main gun does not work (But they do not know that). So a show of force should do.

Having soft sided vehicles stopped; facing a 55 ton tank backed by several hundred people armed and practiced in their use should do the trick! Make them leave on foot, and tell them never to return upon pain of death! Follow them for several miles to be sure they leave the area.

Comment

Originally posted by TScott27 View Post
        I've got three options actually. One, I'll head for the hills. Two, I'll surrender. Three, I'll get my good ol megaphone and shout back at them and engage in word war just to stall for time.

This is a crazy scenario and I surely do hope it doesn't happen because any of the three options above will have me in the losing end!
        Option 3 is not what I'd call an acceptable option for a military equipped unit. A sniper of any quality would easily locate you and take the shot without you knowing where he was even at. I personnaly wouldn't go with option 2 either for reasons previously stated.

Dale
        Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Her is what I was talking about. Plan to repaint her nest year! I want to add a large plow to the front for snow removal, keeping roads and trails cleared or just the opposite if needed.Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60A1 USMC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	186774Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60A1 USMC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	186774

Comment

Wanted to bring this back around, if for no other reason than to see RICHFL awesome tank.

Dale
            Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

This was an interesting post. I wonder what some of the new folks think. I would like to hear Hummer's thoughts.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

That is why I have my own M-60A1 tank. It is hard to keep it up maintenance wise but most manuals are now on the internet.

The tank should get the response I would expect. Like get the F&^K off the grass Butt-Hole!!!

Comment

so whats the mileage on that thing about 3 gal to the mile?

Rich, I saw you had mentioned modifying to add a snow or dozer plow or similar. Were you able to make that conversion? I'd be interested to see how it turned out if so. Any other mods you've done over the years?
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I gotta ask, Rich, where do you keep that thing? It's not like it is going to fit well in the driveway, and it probably wouldn't sit to well with the neighbors.
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                      I gotta ask, Rich, where do you keep that thing? It's not like it is going to fit well in the driveway, and it probably wouldn't sit to well with the neighbors.
                      Morgan, If you were the neighbor and had an M60 tank sitting with it's cannon pointed in your direction, would you complain? LOL!
                      Punchline to the joke of "Where do you park your tank..........Anywhere you want! LOL!

RICHFL, I truly can't think of anything legally available that would be a bigger deterrent after TEOTWAWKI than a tank that runs and at least appears fully functional.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by mikehemi View Post
                        You have been surviving for quite a few years now on your own. You have not seen a soul for a long time that you have not already known quite well. You have been noticing a lot of communication over the radio. One day you see a convoy in the distance it is military vehicles.

This convoy comes close and then stops. You next hear this over the loudspeaker, "Attention, This is the U.S. Government. We are here to help you back to the safe zone (colonized zone) come out and walk towards the convoy slowly." So at this point what do you do?

If you don not respond they tell you, "This is the U.S. Government you need to exit the building now!" Now what?

You at this point are still in your home, and you are now told, "This is your last warning to come out now peacefully!" What will you do now?

This is just a series of questions to get you thinking. Do you think that this could happen? How would you react?

That will never happen. What people don't seem to realize is that the government is not our enemy or out to get us.. While the government makes a lot of bad decisions and policies, they're usually done with good intentions and not understood to be bad policy until the results are seen.

Some policies are easily recognized as being very bad, others are not. Trying to force people out of their homes under threat of violence is one of the easy ones to recognize as being really bad. No one is ever going to do it. Not going to happen.

Far more likely is that they try to buy you out of the home with promises of medical attention, food, water, stability, etc.. If they tell you that you're welcome to bring you weapons, its probably a good deal and a legitimate one. If they tell you to surrender your weapons, its probably not such a wise thing.

But the government is not going to run around gathering up people to enslave them.. that's fantasy and SHTF fiction. Well, I should add that so long as we remain a democracy its fiction.. take away the democracy and we're all screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                          That will never happen. What people don't seem to realize is that the government is not our enemy or out to get us.. While the government makes a lot of bad decisions and policies, they're usually done with good intentions and not understood to be bad policy until the results are seen.
                          I can't really agree that "they" aren't the enemy. Look over the last few decades what their "good intentions" have produced. I mean a few high spots coming to mind being Wacco, Ruby Ridge, Cliven Bundy mess, Operation Fast & Furious, etc...and problem is it's a bunch of bureaucrats that have no legal or Constitutional right to inflict their intentions or "feelings" on any citizen.

Trying to force people out of their homes under threat of violence is one of the easy ones to recognize as being really bad. No one is ever going to do it. Not going to happen.
                          Katrina? Don't you recall the video of jack boots man handling an old woman to take her gun so they could force her to leave her home. It's her decision but yet they decided what was best and also thought it was a good idea to take all those citizens guns away "for their safety & protection"

Far more likely is that they try to buy you out of the home with promises of medical attention, food, water, stability, etc.. If they tell you that you're welcome to bring you weapons, its probably a good deal and a legitimate one. If they tell you to surrender your weapons, its probably not such a wise thing.

But the government is not going to run around gathering up people to enslave them.. that's fantasy and SHTF fiction. Well, I should add that so long as we remain a democracy its fiction.. take away the democracy and we're all screwed.
                          Sadly the Republic is failing and we're getting a Democracy, there in lies a big problem. I agree that I don't just see them deciding some Tuesday afternoon that hey, it's as good a time as any to start rounding up the instigators or I mean "suspects". However I also believe that any excuse or opportunity that presents itself, they will not, as Rahm Emmanuel infamously pointed out "...never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."
                          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

I can't really agree that "they" aren't the enemy. Look over the last few decades what their "good intentions" have produced. I mean a few high spots coming to mind being Wacco, Ruby Ridge, Cliven Bundy mess, Operation Fast & Furious, etc...and problem is it's a bunch of bureaucrats that have no legal or Constitutional right to inflict their intentions or "feelings" on any citizen.

Katrina? Don't you recall the video of jack boots man handling an old woman to take her gun so they could force her to leave her home. It's her decision but yet they decided what was best and also thought it was a good idea to take all those citizens guns away "for their safety & protection"

Sadly the Republic is failing and we're getting a Democracy, there in lies a big problem. I agree that I don't just see them deciding some Tuesday afternoon that hey, it's as good a time as any to start rounding up the instigators or I mean "suspects". However I also believe that any excuse or opportunity that presents itself, they will not, as Rahm Emmanuel infamously pointed out "...never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."
                            Country, Very on target. I love my country but our government is out of control and a beast that now feeds itself. Anyone that doesn't believe that should check out the Code of Federal Regulations and see how they aren't laws but can still send you to jail. They can also be changed or "adapted" by bureaucrats with no change of federal laws.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

They most certainly did have a legal right to enforce the laws. Especially in the Bundy case.. the guy was profiting from using resources on public land and deserved to go to prison.
                              We could argue them all day but I think we'd both we wasting our time.

Yup, there are examples of poor behavior on the part of some officials.. there are always rogue elements overstepping their authority. Cops overstep their authority all the time but most cops are good cops and just trying to do a job.
                              Funny thing is, when dealing with law enforcement, your rights are not assumed.. you have to stand up for them and if you don't, then the law treats it as voluntary surrender of said rights.
                              What you see in these video's is usually edited propaganda for people who don't check the facts. Cops say "Maam, we're here to confiscate your weapons" and she opens the door and lets them in and says "My gun is over there but I don't think this is right".. That's not standing up for your rights.. That's giving up your rights and complaining about it while doing it.

Cops want in your home, the only words out of your mouth should be "Where's the Search Warrant?" and if they don't have one, you close and lock the door.. in fact, you don't even open the door in the first place.. you ask to see the warrant first.. If they bust it down without a warrant, you shoot them all because they're fake cops robbing you, or worse, rogue cops on a "for profit" adventure using their badges.. which is just as bad.

The only thing you should ever say to a police officer is to identify yourself IF and WHEN the law requires it in your state and then clearly tell the police officer you're demanding a lawyer and invoke your right to remain silent.. and then use some super glue to keep your lips shut after that if you need.

There is absolutely nothing you can ever say to a police officer that is EVER going to work in your favor.. except maybe, "Don't let go of that rope or I'll fall to my death"

People just don't realize or understand how the laws work or how to invoke their own rights.. and cops are highly trained in how to get you to give them up voluntarily.

Oh Rahm is full of crap.. most of them are.
                              The only danger to you and your family, in normal times and during SHTF, is other people.. not the government. By a far and wide large margin, any ill fate you meet will be at the hands of other citizens, not our government.

There's an interesting video about liberals and conservatives.. Did you know that they can now stick your head in an MRI machine and tell by your brain's physical structure if you're a liberal or conservative with a stunning 72% accuracy? Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-un8rHP14

Gotta love science..
                              Last edited by Murphy; 05-23-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snake35 View Post
                                Staying hidden may be a problem if you are cultivating enough food to feed a family. After years people will have to raise and grow food to survive.
                                Do you know of the Lykov family?
                                https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ar-ii-7354256/

Cedar

Comment

Working...
                                X