No announcement yet.

Just an average day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids have so much to carry in there back packs now makes it hard to give them anything extra But most kids come out of school don't seem to have good shoes flip flops etc or enough clothes for outside conditions .

So can they keep a good pair of shoes in locker at school light jacket With knit hat in one pocket gloves in the other maybe a large contractors trash bag at the bottom of school pack
    Can be used for rain jacket or as a hide .small flash light all hid in false bottom of bag.
    WE DIDN'T BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAD SWORN TO KILL US 9-11-01

Comment

I would probably check in at work being in the mil you have to then come up with a reason to go home being in charge has its benefits hope I can make it through the HRBT grab kids wife a few essentials then head away from the population base and wait it out.
      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rage For Order View Post
        with several replies here,
        getting cash and fuel seems to
        be the most popular answer.

When things go sideways,
        I certainly don't want to be
        anywhere near a potentially hostile crowd.

I have 30 gallons of gas at home.
        30 at work, 3 miles away. Food and
        water at both sites. I have 300 in cash
        in truck. 500 at home, 300 at work.

Where I would want to be is a difficult choice.

At home, in the neighborhood are 3 team members,
        at work, my 800 sq. ft warehose is mostly concrete.
        Unfortunately it is located next to a "Federal Law Enforcement
        Agency"

I have been squirreling away 20 to 30 bucks every 2 weeks.
        The cash is well hidden in my truck. At work it is locked up.
        At home, well it is protected by my ZOMBIE Jack Russell Terrorist

and other stuff....

My bags are packed, my kids are briefed for just about
        any "Oh Shit" situation.
        fixed it for ya....:)
        Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by zany View Post
          I am impressed! But, as usual, can you plz help with a question? I have several plans for if everyone isn't home when the SHTF, what do you suggest for the kids to have in their school backpacks? The last thing I want to do is advertise that we are preppers, yet I don't want to worry if I can't get to them fast enough! Thank you for the ideas.
          How old are your kids?

Comment

HI Echo, they are 6 & 7 yr old boys. I got em older too but the next one up is 17, so he knows what to do. My concern beyond the fact that they are so young is that the 6 yr old is autistic so that may complicate things a bit. Of course, at the 1st sign of the fan turning on any higher then it is, they will be kept home with the chicken pox, if you know what I mean. Thank you, I've been out of the parent to a little one game for a while, ( I adopted them a cpl yrs ago, they're my grandsons).
            Action expresses priorities!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Johnnie, that is a good idea! Schools nowadays, have a lot of rules as to what the kids can bring to school. In our district they can't wear certain kinds of hoodies & no coats that may even look like an outside jacket, just in case they have a weapon. Damn schools suck the fun outta everything! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by zany View Post
                HI Echo, they are 6 & 7 yr old boys. I got em older too but the next one up is 17, so he knows what to do. My concern beyond the fact that they are so young is that the 6 yr old is autistic so that may complicate things a bit. Of course, at the 1st sign of the fan turning on any higher then it is, they will be kept home with the chicken pox, if you know what I mean. Thank you, I've been out of the parent to a little one game for a while, ( I adopted them a cpl yrs ago, they're my grandsons).
                Find a spot out of the "traffic pattern" at the school that you can be in and out of in a hurry....even if you have to hoof it across a playground....you don't want to be stuck in that mess they call a pick up zone....

Know where your kids classrooms are....sorry....screw the office....they are my kids...I'm taking them out the back way....scold me later.....

Teach the kids that when you come for them....and say "password".....leaving is the most important thing....quickly....quietly....no whining about leaving a lunchbox, backpack or snack....

That young...don't load them up with supplies....you are their supply.

The "password" is something the keep to themselves...because if you must send someone else to get them....they will know the "password"....and the route out.

We have practiced this....and the kids know how to respond.....also their uncle knows...and my parents. They even know where to park.

Plan......plan.....and plan some more....but keep it simple....look for holes.

Good luck.

BTW.....My kids know the EVAC plan....and they have rally points to meet me or other family.

Comment

Awesome, Echo, thank you for the great ideas! We have a secret password that they know & the 6 yr old remembers, and I didn't even think of the parking deal, I will scout it out tomorrow! Another concern I have is the policy the district has for 'outside' emergencies. If say there's an attack or similar threat, they lock down the school, no one gets in & no one gets out. At best I could get to the school in 10 minutes, thats with 'throwing' the grandbaby in the car (hoping this isn't adoption #3) & hauling ass there the back way. Their bus driver thought I was crazy because I have followed the bus to & from school 2x now, when they asked me why, I told him that I wanted to know the routes, in case they are ever late I will know where to look. I then asked him if he had a problem with me being concerned about the boys, as most parents wouldn't even notice til chore time that their kids aren't home. It shut him up & now he has some respect for me.

Comment

Well first thing all the money would instantly be worthless. You might be able to spend cash for a couple days maybe even a week as the ripple affect hits your area then it will be worthless. Plastic would be worthless in a matter of hours. I keep some paper money but not much as I know it wont be worth anything for long. I have a bunch of pre 64 silver stashed in old medicine bottles. I pack them tight so they dont rattle and keep them in a shotgun ammo belt that I can throw over my shoulder. Gold would be to big a denomination for everyday things so I keep silver.

Comment

Ok ill bite. At 7:am im just getting the kids up for school. We have breakfast then the mrs. comes in for lunch we begin the load out , I swing by grab team members / brothers head to bol. No waiting.stop notify father plowboy, then on to bol camp out there till I find out whats going on.

Comment

i would head for my BOL and hunker down and wait to see what happened next!

Comment

I would make my way home to my parents farm to fill up on diesel and then home to hunker down and prep for defense
                          Robert W
                          Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I would already be at work, but with lines that long I would turn around & head to the nearest store that wasn't busy & grab some extra supplies. After that head back to the house start filling as many containers as possible with water. Then open the gun safe & make sure weapons were loaded & ready to rock n roll. Get everything ready to cover windows & doors if needed. Keep listening to radio, tv, internet on what is happening & prepare to defend the house. Have other supplies ready to be loaded in Tahoe if bug out is only option & of course the whole time be praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
                              So let's say you wake up on a Tuesday morning a bit late for work...and you don't have time to catch the news.

You go on into work....and on the way there you notice that even though it's around 7am...the bank parking lots are filling up and you see folks clogging the ATMs.

You decide to stop at the gas station due to the fact that you have broke your own rule and have let your daily driver get below 1/2 tank....heck...just under 3/8th full. you get ready to pull in to your usual filling station and realize there is a line that goes into the road.

You find this highly odd so you cut on the news radio station and all you hear is a EBS PSA stating that "there is no reason to panic....remain calm....and return to your homes for further instruction"...this is running on all stations.

You call home or to a friends cell....and their is a recording that "all lines are full....please wait for xxxx minutes to try again"

You finally make it to work and there is so many rumors floating around that is impossible to make heads or tails of whats going on.....the TV is broadcasting the same message you heard on the radio.

You begin to make your way home and begin seeing lots of National Guard convoys rolling...and cops everywhere.

What news you are getting comes from a couple AM radio stations that have heard that the president is still at the white house....and there was no sign of a terrorist attack.

The big rumor is that the Fed has stopped the presses on a demand from China.....the Sec of the Treasury has put a halt on cashing of all bonds, the president has put a halt (via executive order) on the cashing in of 401Ks, and the foreign gold markets just hit the ceiling at about $3500.00 per oz.

What do you do from that point?

So... thought I'd take a look at some of these old scenarios and bump a few here or there for the few of us left around here. This one goes back 9 years. I read thru the replies and to be honest was left scratching my head on many of them. So thought I'd toss this out to you all with this caveat, read the original post quoted above but not the original responses. Answer based on your life, like it is right now, as if this is tomorrow morning with the things, people and situation that exists in your actual here and now. Interested to see if the responses are the same or different.
                              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
                                So let's say you wake up on a Tuesday morning a bit late for work...and you don't have time to catch the news.

You go on into work....and on the way there you notice that even though it's around 7am...the bank parking lots are filling up and you see folks clogging the ATMs.

You decide to stop at the gas station due to the fact that you have broke your own rule and have let your daily driver get below 1/2 tank....heck...just under 3/8th full. you get ready to pull in to your usual filling station and realize there is a line that goes into the road.

You find this highly odd so you cut on the news radio station and all you hear is a EBS PSA stating that "there is no reason to panic....remain calm....and return to your homes for further instruction"...this is running on all stations.

You call home or to a friends cell....and their is a recording that "all lines are full....please wait for xxxx minutes to try again"

You finally make it to work and there is so many rumors floating around that is impossible to make heads or tails of whats going on.....the TV is broadcasting the same message you heard on the radio.

You begin to make your way home and begin seeing lots of National Guard convoys rolling...and cops everywhere.

What news you are getting comes from a couple AM radio stations that have heard that the president is still at the white house....and there was no sign of a terrorist attack.

The big rumor is that the Fed has stopped the presses on a demand from China.....the Sec of the Treasury has put a halt on cashing of all bonds, the president has put a halt (via executive order) on the cashing in of 401Ks, and the foreign gold markets just hit the ceiling at about $3500.00 per oz.

What do you do from that point?
                                if you're so dumb as to go on to work, there's no hope for you. The N guard wont be in place for at least 24 hours and probably not for 48 hours, so you wontbe seeing that. When you see the atm mess, go home immediately, if you can. and get ready to bicycle to your BOL and food caches as soon as it's dark. Dont believe a damned thing that you hear on the radio, tv or net.

Comment

Working...
                                X