No announcement yet.

Police, Fire, EMS and other Public Services - I've got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw your other post and this one Schneb. Maybe something under the TV, Movies and Music Tab? Though that seems a bit obscure. Maybe a new thread under General Chat along the lines of Prepping Popularity, or Prepping goes mainstream? Not sure. Think you have to limit some things like no YouTubers and obviously any of the Doomsday shows. But the idea of pointing out a movie or show where someone whips out a first aid kit or maybe a news article that somehow shows our community in a positive light could be interesting.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

There is a fair amount of information posted on the people who survived the wars in Bosnia. They lived through WROL for a long time. Has that changed any of the mindset in the rest of Europe? Has anybody else learned from that experience? It is to far away for it to have any real impact here.

Grumpy Gremlin? Did the Bosnian War make any difference toward the prepping community in Europe?

South Africa is another place that should be watched carefully. It is to far away for anybody to care, but the civil unrest and water shortages are very real, and very scary.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I don't know about Europe but the Bosnian wars had no effect whatsoever in the UK, apart from some people tut-tutting over what they saw on the TV screen, I don't think it made any one start prepping that wasn't already doing it.

Comment

Another place where people might have interesting takes on what they had to do to get by and who likely have stories of how they survived are the parts of Crimea that Russia re-annexed. To hear how things were in the middle of a military police state.

Comment

that was an invasion, do you really think that will happen on home soil?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
              Prepare for the worst, pray for the best. Yes under some circumstances home soil could be invaded. And it might be by people already there that are not citizens of that soil that just decide they want to remake the country in their image.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
                well since part of the population was for it and the other part against guess that would decide if you saw them as liberators or oppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best. Yes under some circumstances home soil could be invaded. And it might be by people already there that are not citizens of that soil that just decide they want to remake the country in their image.
                  you've got a point there.

Comment

This happened back in 95 I was a Deputy Sheriff in Florida. We got very little warning about a hurricane coming our way. I had to send my family to a shelter because all officers were required to stay on duty. I was dual certified so I got to work the jail for 4 days straight. Not Fun...

I decided then that my family was number one! Been that way for the last 22 years. As soon as the CDC came out I would start staying home in quarantine

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                      This happened back in 95 I was a Deputy Sheriff in Florida. We got very little warning about a hurricane coming our way. I had to send my family to a shelter because all officers were required to stay on duty. I was dual certified so I got to work the jail for 4 days straight. Not Fun...

I decided then that my family was number one! Been that way for the last 22 years. As soon as the CDC came out I would start staying home in quarantine
                      I reckon that will happen here in an emergency too, police and even some army will take care of their family first- its only natural.
                      I wont be sending my wife to any shelter-you hear too many stories about what goes on in those places, and the guards are there to keep people IN.

Comment

Working...
                      X