Urban Scenario: You can have ONE appliance, what is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and what turns the fan?
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
      freezer.....hands down....for me anyway..
      Ditto on the freezer.
      "The enemy is the necessary condition for practicing patience."

Comment

Juicer ....

O.W.
        Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
          and what turns the fan?
          My swamp cooler is a natural fridge, not a house cooler. We don't need a house cooler. Even in summer when the temps hit 100 during the day, the night will cool down to the 40's because our night air comes down off of 14,000 foot mountains along one side of our valley. So the natural cooler is just a way to keep food and beverages cool without electricity. It's an experiment I thought I'd try to see if it worked. It did. Not as good as my beer fridge for keeping the barley pop chilled, but a lot better than just drinking them warm.
          Planning to be here through it all.............

Comment

Originally posted by forever_frost View Post
            I'll say freezer
            Same here. I have solar panels that I can use to run a fan, as well as my laptop. I have a camp stove/ oven to cook with. kerosene heaters for cold weather. Several gas and kerosene lanterns for llight so I'd be pretty well set.

Comment

The well I can still remember the first time they turned on the pump and water came out of the new water hose .
              It meant I didn't have to pull it out of the ground any more with a well bucket to water the cows that was the job of of most farm kids who were to young to do anything else.
              WE DIDN'T BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAD SWORN TO KILL US 9-11-01

Comment

I currently reside in the deep south (Florida) and it gets hot year round with about 90% Humidity. I have had a few times when weather (Hurricanes) have taken out power lines for weeks at a time. The thing I miss most is Air Conditioning. It is the only thing I set up, now with my generator is a portable ac unit, for when the power goes out. I have candles, lanterns, and a camp stove to use, but you need electrical power for an ac unit. Until you try to sleep with the temp at 90 + and humidity at 99 + then you will understand. So for me in Florida

[B]it's AIR CONDITIONING![/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                  You have unlimited electricity for one appliance.

What is it, why, and feel free to post pics
                  One or two element hot plate. Boil water, make coffee, melt snow, cook food, start a fire with paper, melt wax, hmmm.

Comment

A refrigerator to keep things cold and of course its a side by side with a good freezer. Why a side by side? That's so I do not have to eat MRE's or something similar every day. Fresh milk and meat is always welcome. I can cook on a wood stove I have out side any time as I have over 10 acres of woods to choice from for fuel.

Comment

Heck.....walk in freezer....trade space for food....sell ice cubes.....refrigerate in coolers.....

I'm changing mine to that.....and drawing heat off the compressor in the cooler months....:)
                      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

A fridge with freezer, of course. I have a volcano stove, solar lanterns, candles, etc. all the neccesities, but the food would spoil fast if you had no fridge.

Comment

ill pick toilet. i do not want a bunch of crap piling up making conditions unsanitary.

Comment

My pick is a ac unit sumner is a pain.

Comment

My pop-up camper. I outlet gives me light, heat, fridge, stove, toilet, even tv & radio.

Comment

Absolutely a freezer. It is a heat pump, so you can heat your room and store food.
                                If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

Working...
                                X