Your vehicles is blocked at the intersection by a group of thugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jezcruzen View Post
    The notion of using anything sprayed from a pressurized can as a defensive measure is likely easier to talk about that actually do from a sitting position inside a vehicle. The can would have to be immediately accessible. You would have to roll down your window. (Probably not the best idea.) And, you would almost certainly spray yourself in the close confines of a vehicle compartment, especially since you would be under a lot of stress. Instead, just hit the gas and leave it behind you.
    AMEN brother

Comment

That was my thinking as well, Jez. It is accessible, and in my mind the window is already broken. I,m not opening it for anyone.
      Hoping that the spray leaves the car is a huge concern. I hope it never happens, and it makes my wife feel better with iit in the car.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Morgan, please keep in mind that wasp spray is highly flammable.

Comment

Jez, the moment I suspected trouble, in addition to gathering my wits and defense weaponry about me I would roll down my two front windows. Shattering glass poses an eye injury as well as interferes with deploying defense weapons but prior to such, I'd like to hear the sounds, the voices in my immediate vicinity .... no rhyme or reason, nor practical experience to draw from just considerin while the opportunity presents.

O.W.
          Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

I run a 55 mile daily commute each way. There's a nice app for smart phones that shows traffic congestion and "issues"; one tool to help you avoid certain areas. If you feel you are starting to get into a bad situation, trust your instinct and adjust. Always leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front of you so that you can swerve or change lanes if needed, especially at stop lights and stop signs, in bad parts of a city. If possible try to avoid driving in the right hand lane unless you have no choice. If you are part of an accident and feel threatened, call 911 and report the accident also identifying that you feel threatened and will meet the police at their choice of location. It's a well known scam to have two vehicles stage an accident with a third, effectively pinning the third vehicle between them. Never exit the vehicle with a hostile crowd. As the saying goes, I'ld much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Bottom line, you do what is needed to survive.

edit = splelling :-)
            Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

i'm in a car and they are on foot? no problem, lock all the doors if you haven't already and drive through them at speed, I wager they'll come off a lot worse than my vehicle and its only a vehicle anyway, it can be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by jezcruzen View Post
                I would dial 911 if I could and not hang up, but leave the line open in order for a dispatcher to hear and record background noises. If the vehicle is attacked or a gun is shown, I would stomp on the gas and drive over/through the crowd. A vehicle weighing several thousand pounds makes a good defensive weapon.

So, where have I gone wrong, here?
                Calling 911 is the best idea.. . being armed is great.
                Using your vehicle as a defensive weapon against a gun is a horrible idea.. Unlike what Hollywood tends to show, in real life, real bullets pass through real cars quite easily.

Even a 22lr will zip right through the sheet metal of a car, and a center fired rifle round will go in one side of the car and out the other side and keep going.

Cars against guns = guns win almost every time. You'r only real hope is that since you are in a car and probably accelerating, that the shooter has lousy aim and can't hit a moving target. And this is actually a good bet when it comes to thugs.

Here's a shocking statistic: If you're being held at gun point and being mugged or robbed, you have a 94% chance of surviving the encounter if you just turn and run away as fast as possible. I was stunned when I found that out.

As it so happens, hitting a moving target with a pistol at even 10 or 20 yards is damn near impossible for most inexperienced shooters.. and thugs are usually inexperienced.

Comment

if only thugs are in the way what would I do? Well if I'm driving simple lock doors, Windows up, drive thru, don't stop, get home, wash blood and guts off car, eat dinner, set defenses, load all weapons. call friends and family.

If I'm a passenger, assist driver until first contact, give directions, then prepare to return fire if needed. Drive home no stopping, wash blood and guts off truck,

Comment

The first step is to avoid the area if possible. If you see a crowd of people in the street- go a different way. This is the most important thing to do. If the crowd surrounds you and you fear for your life- drive through it. Stopping to engage in a shoot out when you can drive away is setting yourself up for losing a lawsuit. You can argue that you drove through a crowd because your life was in danger. You can not win an argument that you pulled out a gun and shot it out when you could have just hit the gas.
                    Now if you are unable to drive through the crowd, say the smash out your windows and try to pull you out or block you path with another vehicle, then shooting is your only option. Most likely the crown will flee when you start flinging lead.

Comment

Depending on what city or state you are in calling 911 might be ineffective. take the 911 call of the woman who was attacked with her young child in the car even when she told the operator they were jumping on her car and trying to get inside she was told the protest was sanctioned and to take it up with her councilman. she finely put the car in gear and bumped into several protesters getting on her way rule one show no fear.

Comment

This thread has taken on a whole new meaning in the past couple of months. Avoidance seems to be the best policy.
                        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Avoidance is best, I agree. Shooting your way out will be costly to you, as you're going to need lawyers. But never let them try to say you had other ways to get out. My other way out is over the bodies, Once you get dragged from a vehicle I would tend to think that shooting entirely justified, But thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X