Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HyBrid Solar #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HyBrid Solar #1

    I wanted to send out a couple of pictures of a system for a TSHTF'er that I did a little while back. It consists of about 4000watts of solar 1000ah of storage and a 20k generator. This system spins his meter backwards a good portion of the time and if the power goes down as he is what you would call semi-remote the built in auto trasfer switch diverts to off-grid giving him seamless energy.

    This should be the system of choice for most of you out there. Look into your states solar program, this system qualifies for almost all of the rebate programs and thanks to the Bail out bill you may get 30% of the total system off your takes.

    A lot of people want to go off grid to stick it to the utility; why not set up this type of system get a chunk of the money back and you can turn the power on and off when ever you like.

    Hope this helps someone out there
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xolar; 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM. Reason: typo
    Watch this!!

  • #2
    Awesome! Can you give us an estimate of cost to purchase/install/maintain?
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

    Comment


    • #3
      I would love to have a solar system! My electric bill is ridiculous, rates are so high around here.

      Alas, the price to set one up is too high. :(
      "Be Excellent to Each Other"

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder if this system can be added to? Maybe start out with a basic part, say using it for water heating only, then maybe add more batteries as you go, to include fridge, then stove, then whatever else needed to be added? those batteries are expensive.

        Also, you can triple the solar capacity of the panels without having to add panels, but simply installing mirrors strategically placed so that it bounces sunlight down onto the PV panel itself. You can pick them up at Goodwill for a couple bucks... The solar companies wont tell you that because they want to sell you another panel.
        Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Loshali View Post
          I wonder if this system can be added to? Maybe start out with a basic part, say using it for water heating only

          Also, you can triple the solar capacity of the panels without having to add panels, but simply installing mirrors strategically placed so that it bounces sunlight down onto the PV panel itself. You can pick them up at Goodwill for a couple bucks... The solar companies wont tell you that because they want to sell you another panel.
          I would reccomend that if you want to heat water use a hot water solar system using solar electric is very costly and these systems are independent of each other.

          Sandia national labratory did this before and found that it ruined the panels by overheating them. They are making concentrator panels and for some reason they can not seem to get off the ground. The other problem with it is what is called deration, as a solar P.V. panels gets hotter it makes less power becasue the effieciency drops due to the heat.
          Watch this!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
            Awesome! Can you give us an estimate of cost to purchase/install/maintain?
            I would say starts at about 15,000 and goes up from there. There is a lot of variables to be put into the equasion on what each homes needs are and how much battery storage you want. Maintence; well monthly battery monitoring if using the lead acids, gel batteries dont require any but are not as forgiving. Fuel for running a generator if you are using to much power and do no have either a big enough battery bank or not enough solar to charge it up.
            Watch this!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xolar View Post
              I would reccomend that if you want to heat water use a hot water solar system using solar electric is very costly and these systems are independent of each other.

              Sandia national labratory did this before and found that it ruined the panels by overheating them. They are making concentrator panels and for some reason they can not seem to get off the ground. The other problem with it is what is called deration, as a solar P.V. panels gets hotter it makes less power becasue the effieciency drops due to the heat.
              when you say they ruined the panels, did you mean by heating water or by adding mirrors? I should have mentioned that I got that tip off the solar heating yahoo group, and those guys are wayyyy over my head in their explainations...
              Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
                Awesome! Can you give us an estimate of cost to purchase/install/maintain?
                Originally posted by Loshali View Post
                when you say they ruined the panels, did you mean by heating water or by adding mirrors? I should have mentioned that I got that tip off the solar heating yahoo group, and those guys are wayyyy over my head in their explainations...
                You could use the mirrors on the hot water panels if it was needed and I see the info was pertaining to solar heating not solar power, but I would say big negative on the mirrors on the p.v.

                There are new power generation systems going up in the desert that use focal mirrors to heat oil to heat water to make steam to drive turbines. I believe that this will be the direction we head for summer time peak demand power production. If you research it on youtube there are a lot of people that are making there own home brewed version of these as well, I live in Northern California and it gets real hot here and I think these would be good for people in my area in the summer. The only downside is they are a little dangerouse because of the steam that they produce.
                Watch this!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  A quick link to the nevada solarone video on youtube, in the beginning there is some good shots from a plane if you look close you can see rusty down there taking shots at the mirrors

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-T_J9VN9Ec
                  Watch this!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X