X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks65
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron mike View Post
    nice knife have you made a sheath for it?
    I was going to make a sheath but then a friend sent me one as a gift and it fits just perfect.

I have made a few sheaths,I like leather working and have made a few pouches and sheaths

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    replied
    nice knife have you made a sheath for it?

Leave a comment:

• Sticks65
    replied
    Originally posted by Curdog View Post
    That suits me fine!
    Kool:D

Leave a comment:

• Sticks65
    replied
    Im moving home so most of my kit is packed away now but you can see some of my tools on my blog.

What have you made so far in your blacksmithing endeavors as id love to hear or even see photos.
    Last edited by Sticks65; 11-03-2011, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Curdog
    replied
    That suits me fine!

Leave a comment:

• x-cop
    replied
    nice work

got a shot of your tools?

I do some blacksmithing, i always love seeing other folks shop.

Leave a comment:

• Sticks65
    replied
    Thanks.
    The Damascus effect was from the first quench I did on the blade,I held the blade still for the first quench which makes this effect on the steel,on the second quench I move the blade up and down in the oil so the quench is even.

Yes walnut is my favourite wood for knife handles.

Ive made a good few knives over the years,some from railroad spikes,old files,leaf spring,edging shears and even tin-cutters.

You can check out some of the blades Ive made on my blog.

Thanks for looking.

http://sticksblog-sticks.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• m38
    replied
    That's a very nice looking knife. I like a drop-point knife for most kitchen work and field dressing. And that's a good blade size too. In the photo it kinda looks like the blade is damascus steel, with swirls in the finish. That is some beautiful wood in the handle.

I was reading on a Rendezvous web site how someone made a knife out of an old flat file for the blade, and a piece of antler for the handle. I've never done that and thought it might be fun to try. Have you made any knives before?

Leave a comment:

• Sticks65
    started a topic Home made bushcraft knife.

Home made bushcraft knife.

Ive used many types of knives over the years from thick long blades to fine cutting tools and have never found the one knife does all yet,so I carry tools that are specific for a job.

My preference is a thin blade [2mm] thats about 4 1/2" long.

If I need to chop and split wood I use my Forrest axe so no knife batoning needed,I also carry a folding saw which makes life easier.

So the knife you see is used for carving,feather sticks,food prep and preparing small game for the pot etc.

Its made from an old carbon steel saw blade,the handle is English walnut fixed to the tang with epoxy resin and two 6mm brass tubes.

Last edited by Sticks65; 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM.
Working...
X