axe sheath/ leather craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axe sheath/ leather craft

made my second axe/hatchet sheath today (made the first for a friend). i'm no expert and am just now trying to learn the craft.
    anyone else here make their own sheaths?
    mine turned out OK...i still have to stain it and finish the edges tomarrow. if there are folks here interested i'll post pics.
    man what a learning experience. it was frustrating but fun:cool:
    here are a few pics; thanks for looking:o

Last edited by mountain1; 09-11-2011, 06:19 PM.

Ive been into leather now for four years, of and on, i bought a flashlight and it didn't come with a sheath, and i needed one due to work the next day so i made a quick one out of a cloth, but i so wanted leather, at the same time i carry a multi tool and i wanted both in the same sheath, so this is what came out, but i really wasn't to impressed but it got the job done, so while wearing that one i made what i was after which would be this one, Ive done some other odds and ends, but nothing major. JR
    Stupidity And Unnecessary Roughness Will Over Come Any Situation! JR

Comment

Always post pics.
      WE DIDN'T BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAD SWORN TO KILL US 9-11-01

Comment

Been making holsters and knife sheaths for 15 yrs now. You get better each time. As soon as I learn how to load pic I'll post some. Great skill to have somebody will always need some where to carry somthing or another
        You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Mountain1, that came out Nice! looks professional, JR
          Stupidity And Unnecessary Roughness Will Over Come Any Situation! JR

Comment

Nice work to both of you guys.....I bought a leather working set from Tandy a while back.....but havent done anything major with it yet....
            Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

thanks everyone!
              echo2; theres no time like the present;)
              lets see em bue! i don't know how to post pics either...my wife does it for me...honestly...
              i would just screw up the computer, then all hell would break lose:)

Comment

Working...
              X