First step to my home made "ultimate" knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First step to my home made "ultimate" knife

I've been wanting to make a homemade knife for quite sometime, but never attempted it because I didn't want to make a P.o.S. Well I found a new project that hopefully will take the first step into making my "ultimate" knife.
    I found online where someone turned an old grill into a forge. Well I have an old grill so I think im going to give it a shot. has anyone ever attempted or seen this before. looking for some ideas to help me on this.
    To live is to survive, and to survive is to find meaning into something. Semper Fidelis.

you should pick up Wane Goddards book the $50 knife shop its in most barnes and nobel shops bought it a few years back and love it it is in color now
    NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Good look. I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
      To live is to survive, and to survive is to find meaning into something. Semper Fidelis.

Comment

Check out www.texasknifemakersupply.com for materials. They have a great selection and carry various types of raw steel as well as blade blanks. I usually get 2 day shipping on avarage.

Comment

Check out www.texasknifemakersupply.com for materials. They have a great selection and carry various types of raw steel as well as blade blanks. I usually get 2 day shipping on avarage.
          Thanks. I'm still in the process on making the forge. I got the grill and the pipe for it, I just need to get refractory cement for inside the grill and I'll be in business. I'll post some pics when I start the process.

Comment

Working...
          X