Les Stroud's new Helle knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Stroud's new Helle knife

In my opinion this is the best knife he has used.

http://www.helle.no/Portals/helle_en...GAMI_PRESS.pdf

I like the look of it is the rough spot on the back for a ferro rod and what kind of steel is it?
    NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

They are going to make 500 in carbon steel.

Handle: Made from Masurian (curly) birch, the Temagami handle is soaked in linseed oil to permeate the wood; then rolled in bee’s wax for a durable satin finish and superior grip.

Sheath: The hand made full grain sheath can be used for both right and left side carry.

Blade: The triple laminated blade is held securely in place by three rivets and features a hollow lanyard rivet at the butt end.

First Edition: The first run of knives will have a triple-layered carbon steel laminated blade that is polished and razor sharp. The outer steel is softer to give the blade flexibility and the inner core is hard steel to hold that perfect edge

Blade length: 10 cm (4 inches)
      Handle length: 11 cm (4 1/4 inches)
      Overall length: 21 cm (8 1/4 inches)

Comment

We sell the Helle knives at work and all I can say is wow. They are well made and crazy sharp> I really like the Temagami but @ $189.00 I don't know if I will buy it or the Eggen for $89.00.

Comment

man those helles are nice knives! i've been wanting one for awhile now (like i 'need' another knife). i started to buy one back in the spring. maybe i'll pick one up this fall if i can come up with the cash.
          i like the odell, harding, and futura

Comment

The wife just realized the BK2 was a new knife.....I'm grounded until next month...:(.....less than a week though....:)
            Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
              The wife just realized the BK2 was a new knife.....I'm grounded until next month...:(.....less than a week though....:)
              LOL!!!!!:D:D:D:D

I've rowed a few miles in that boat!
              The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky. When I got my first Charles May OSK-1 my wife said "if you love me you'll let me have it." I called Charlie up & told him I had a big problem with the knife, I needed another one...

Comment

Working...
                X